prologue

//thinking of writing a joshler ddlb fanfic, what do you think? btw is that how you spell prologue? ::warning: homophobia and death and blood//

josh franceschi, august 19, 1813

"hang him!" they screamed. "kill the homosexual!" all i could do was cry.
a big man grabbed me hard, pulling a noose around my neck.
the platform dropped. it hurt. sights of my mother flashed through my mind. she believed that all were equal.
"it doesn't matter to me. your skin, your religion, even homosexuals i would befriend."
she used to say. but she was dead. and so was i. there was no bright light. but i could breathe.
is this what death is like?
i finally moved. and there was my body, hanging. i screamed. i'm really dead.
"josh! my son!" i heard, snapping my head west to see my mother, her throat cut and her dress bloody.
"m-mummy?"
i couldn't help it, i was crying. seeing her was the best thing that's ever happened, but seeing my mother like this? it was so hard. i hugged her tight, sobbing into her chest. she hugged me too, and i realized we were floating.
then something happened. she started to fade. "mama!" i screamed. she just smiled and waved. "i love you son."
i sobbed for three days, huddled in my dad's room.
200 years passed.
most of the time i spent talking to other spirits, reading, observing new things, or just flying. being dead was fun.

LMAO THIS FUCKIN SUCKS sorry its so rushed and unedited and just ughhhh i hate it
but i wanna get into olis pov bye