16 | she is drawn to him

Thank you for showering your love on this book. It's overwhelming, honestly:)

▬▬▬▬▬▬

16// she is drawn to him

"He is so cute" Manik caressed Harry's head while he lay asleep in his lap. Nandini was sitting beside him, the travelling bag in her lap. She was drawing circles in the sand.

They were in Solang Lake. It was such a quiet and beautiful place. It is one of the places where trekking is not needed. Since, they had Harry, trekking was striked out straight and hence they had decided to visit places easily reachable by road.

Travel to Solang Valley was picturesque and Harry enjoyed every moment. He was curious about the hills, their terrifying heights and hugged Nandini tight hoping he will not fall even though they were in a car.

His childish antics always melted Manik's heart. It was such a change for him from the fake flirting and affection. The fake dramas people do, but children are unlike them, the meek questions, cute expressions and that carefree attitude is a treat to watch.

People have so much tension around them, assignments, target completion, deadline, etc, but kids, they have absolutely nothing to worry about. They are always smiling, laughing and giggling. They are like stress busters.

Manik smiled to himself, those statements were definitely true. He found it out today.

"You have started to admire him so much" She stared at him appreciatively.

He loved it when she looked at him like that, it made him feel so proud of himself, irrespective of whatever he has done.

"You know what Nandini? I always craved for true love." he cocked his head at her, she was listening attentively. "My mother, she died when I was just 6 years old. It was very difficult... Very difficult in fact, I have a brother, Abhimanyu, he is 5 years elder to me. So when our mother died, both of us where young. She was the only person whom I loved, Dad was there, but he was so busy building this Malhotra empire that he forgot he even had sons. So Mom's demise was huge hitting" he turned his head from her and stared ahead drowning into the blue expanse of the sea, travelling back in time to those horrible days of this life. "There was absolutely no shortage of money, by that time Dad was already a millionaire. But don't they say money can't buy happiness? We are deprived of mom's love. No money was sufficient to bring back our mom." A tear escaped from the corner of his eye.

Nandini has never seen Manik cry, she never thought she would see him like that. She always thought that he was one arrogant and tyrant person, power hungry and desperate for money, though times have changed and she has understood a lot behind the mask he wears, maybe she was wrong, there is more to it.

He gulped, his heart was choking with pain, every time he rewinds his mind back to those days, tears inevitably flow. Even after so many years, the emotion seemed to be the same.

"Our Dad was not interested in second marriage, for which I am thankful, I would rather weep on my mother's memories than calling another woman as mother. No one is equivalent of Mom" he smiled in melancholy. Nandini felt herself tear up. His words had so much of meaning and pain, she felt broken.

"Time went on, I studied hard, I scored well and got wonderful placement in an international organisation, but dad compelled me in family business and with no other way I obliged."

"But your brother? What about him?" Nandini interrupted him.

Manik cocked his brow. "You are so impatient, Nandu. Wait, I'm coming to that." She blushed at the new nickname. She has heard it so many times from so many different people, but nothing was perfect expect for him. It looked as if he was only meant to say it.