Chapter 4: Pain and Purposes

The sun slowly rose from the horizon, shining its bright light into Sonia's room, waking her up from her deep sleep. It seems that she had a good sleep, even though she still considered it a 'strange one'. Sitting up on her bed, she rubbed her eyes, went into the bathroom, toothbrush and changed. After walking out of the bathroom, she grabbed her Hunter-VG which showed a sleeping Lyra in it and walked downstairs to see Hope cooking breakfast. It seems that Kelvin is at AMAKEN working on something important again from the looks of it. The TV was not on. Hope noticed her from the creaking coming from the stairs.

Hope: "Oh! Good morning Sonia! How'd you sleep?"

Sonia: "Good..." she replied tiredly.

Hope: "That's good!"

Sonia sat down in the kitchen table and waited for her breakfast to be cooked. After a few minutes later, Hope placed down 2 plates which had bacon and eggs on it and fork and a knife on each side of it for the each of them. She sat down on the other side of Sonia and started eating. While Hope was eating normally, she took a quick glance on Sonia's side and noticed that she seems to be more sad than usual. Not the sad Sonia like she seems every day, this kind of Sonia is more tired looking and depressed looking. It seems like she doesn't have any hope of recovering from her deep depression anymore.

Sonia: "Hope...?" she asked while looking at her food and eating.

Hope: "Yes?"

Sonia: "Do you think I have any purpose in life anymore?" sound much sadder.

Hope: "Umm... I think you do...", she replied causing her to stop doing anything she was doing.

Sonia: "From the sound of it, doesn't seem like it"

The silence of the room quickly came back and made it awkward. Hope started to worry more from what Sonia asked and she now has to keep an eye out for her eyes actions. After a few minutes of eating in silence, Sonia finished first, placed her plate in the sink and told Hope something.

Sonia: "I'm gonna take a walk for a bit..."

Hope: "Okay... Don't do anything bad, you hear?", sounding slightly worried and scared for her safety.

Sonia replied with a blank stare and left closing the door behind her.

Hope's mind: "She reminds so much of Geo, but even hard to take care. It's understandable that she's been through so much like losing 2 people that she loved, but does she have to do 'that'?"

Echo Ridge

Sonia was outside doing her normal walk around the block when suddenly, an idea popped in her head. She stopped, got her Hunter-VG out and summon Lyra out, materializing in front of her with a questionable look on her face.

Sonia: "Hey Lyra, I've been thinking..." she said making Lyra's heart start beating faster and slightly worried about what she's going to say.

Lyra: "W-What is it you're thinking about? " she replied worriedly.

Sonia: "What if I lived alone... So I can have some alone time and also people don't have to worry about me or think about me..." she asked sounding quiet and sad.

Lyra's heart started beating even faster and more worriedly. Lyra cannot allow this to happen for safety reasons. She then started thinking of reasons why she can't live alone in an apartment, without mentioning her thoughts of suicide.

Lyra: "Sorry, but I can't let you live alone." sounding a little bit confident.

Sonia: "W-W-What?! W-Why not?!" she replied shocked by her answer.