fifteen

a/n: flashback to when she was a smol bean

-flashback-

"you're never home and when you are it's like you don't care!" a woman yelled.

"whenever i come home all i get is grief. grief about me and grief about y/n. is there no wonder i don't want to be here at home with you!" a man yelled back.

y/n leaned against her bedroom door trying to block out the shouting of her parents. it wouldn't stop. tears streamed down her face as she was scared of what was going to happen to her family.

the loud sound of the door slamming was the last thing she heard before the deafning silence.

she wiped her tears away before cautiously heading out to see what has happened.

"m-mum?" she barley whispered.

her mum kept sobbing as she pulled y/n towards her stroking her head and kissing her forehead.

y/n waited for her mum's tears to stop before she raised any questions.

"mum, where did dad go?" y/n said her voice breaking.

"honey things are going to be a bit different from now on. it's just going to be you and i from now on. how does that sound?" y/n's mum said her heart breaking in peices.

"but what about dad? i thought we were a family, altogether." y/n replied.

"sweetie, your dad will be back soon but we just need a little time apart that's all." she replied hugging y/n as she just nodded.

-end of flashback-

"choi beomgyu i am ending our friendship." i said.

"what! why?" he said confused.

"how dare you assume salted popcorn is better than sweet popcorn. sweet popcorn is far more superior. explains why you're so salty all the time." i huffed back.

our bickering carried on as we stopped in a convenience store.

out of the corner of my eye i saw a man coming towards us.

suddenly i felt my head being turned. it was beomgyu.

he had his hands on either side of my face as he just stared at me.

"are you wearing makeup?" he said, cocking his head to the side.

"what? no." i said but it only came out as a whisper.

"no wonder you look so pretty today." he said whilst rubbing my cheeks with his thumbs.

i mentally screamed as i felt my cheeks heat up at the sudden compliment.