Chapter Twenty

"You told me that all the Uzumaki's died during the demon's attack. You told me that their baby had died but now I'm getting word that those murders called him by the royal name." Neji stood in front of Hiashi.

"Do you really believe those murders? Or the word of my recently conscious daughter?" Hiashi brushed off and looked down at Neji who was kneeling.

"Who am I to believe, I haven't seen any pictures of the royal family. You've kept everything but names under wraps. You kept their baby's gender and name hidden as well." Neji stood up and looked down at the man.

"Because it doesn't matter. They were killed almost two decades ago and we have been in power since then." He said in a stern tone.

"It does matter, if he is their child than he has the rights to be king!" He raised his voice, glaring down at his father a bit.

"Here my prince, I-I found what you asked me for." TenTen interrupted as she peaked her head into the room.

"Bring then here please." He turned his head and she quickly came over, holding them out him and watched how his face softened towards the maid. "Thank you."

"You're wel-"

"What are those folders?" Hiashi came over and glared down at the maid.

"Something important." Neji replied and opened them.

        Hiashi watched and noticed all the ripped or slightly burned photos and notes. He pulled out one old drawing, feeling over it a bit. He looked over it and glared slightly up at Hiashi. The male in the photo was tall, dressed very well with bright blonde hair and those blue eyes. The woman sat in a very nice dress and had extremely long red hair, very common Uzumaki trait. Both had extravagant crowns and he moved away, reading over the papers that are in gorgeous handwriting.

"So, you did lie." Neji hold up the picture and moved away, "our king looks exactly like the prisoner we have."

"He doesn't deserve-"

"You do not deserve the throne either. Step down and announce to our people what you have lied about." He glared harshly.

"Fine! Fine, I will." Haishi moved away, walking off.

"H.how could you talk to him like that...I could never." The maid slowly spoke up once the man left.

"He's been lying my whole life. I don't care about putting him into his place." Neji sighed and held to folders close.

"So, you're really going to give up your royal status to do this?" She tilts her head and smiled a bit.

"Yes, plus not being royalty. I can marry who I please." He smiled slowly and kissed her forehead before walking off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Hiashi confessed his lies to the people of his kingdom. Everyone seemed confused or angry with him, he explained that none of his children—actually no one knew the truth. Kiba walked slowly down to the dungeon, bowing the guard before starting to talk to him. He then takes the keys and walked over to the last cell, opening it slowly and walking over. He unlocked all the chains, watching as those blue eyes slowly opened.

"W..what's going on?" Naruto mumbled and rubbed his wrists slightly.

"You're free. I'll take up you up the nurse wing and I'll have food brought to you as well. I'll find you new clothes as well." Kiba replied and unlocked the last of the restraints.

"I...I'm free? Since when? How? Can I see the princess?" the quickly asked and watched as the other male help pull him up.

"Yes. We will explain to you after you're washed, dressed, and fed." The brunette smiled and walked up stairs.

       Naruto got to the bathroom and cleaned himself up as Kiba looked for things to weird. He pulled out a few options and laid them over the bed, looking through a bit. Naruto finished cleaning himself up and got out of the water, grabbing a towel to dry himself. He walked out wrapped up and looking at the nice clothes set out. Kiba looked over him a bit and crossed his arm, shrugging slightly. 

"Pick what you'd like to wear, put it on and meet me out of the room. You must be starving." Kiba said and walked out of the room, closing the door.

"Oh, okay! Thanks!" Naruto smiled brightly and looked at his options.

Naruto smiled a little and slowly grabbed a pastel orange button up and puts that one, the puts on a pair of dress pants and looks himself over. He pushed a hand through his hair and hummed slightly, looking around. It was such a beautiful room, insanely big and grand. He rubbed his arms as he rolled up his sleeves and comes out to the room. Kiba started walking downstairs and to the nursing area, Naruto following close. He gawked all the decorations and paintings around the halls. It was so insane to see everything, he never been the castle other than Hinata's room. Kiba pushed opened the door and Naruto peaked in. The blonde quickly ran over to Hinata who was still laying the bed. He sat down right beside her and hugged her softly, biting his lip a bit.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you...I'm sorry." Naruto apologized as he tears up.

"I..I'm okay. You protected me, I'm still alive. A..and Sakura, my nurse. Sh..she said that our little baby is fine too." Hinata said gently and smiled.

Naruto smiled a little bit and slowly hugged her, pressed close and careful of her wounds. He quickly moved off when he saw that familiar tall brunette. He tucked his hair back and looked between the two. Hinata shrunk a bit into her seat and blinked a few times, waiting for some kind of yelling but instead she saw a piece of paper being handed to her.

"I had one of my maids dig into dad's things. He was just out announcing he is dropping the throne to the rightful ruler." Neji said slowly and Hinata opened the folded piece.

"Who's the rightful ruler?" Naruto looked confused and curious as he looked at the picture.

"Oh...oh!" Hinata smiled happily as she looked at picture and quickly showed Naruto. "Look!"

Naruto slowly takes the picture and looked over it. He blinked a few times as he looked over the two in the picture. He was immediately drew to the woman because of how bright her hair was but when he looked over at the man he notice how much they looked alike. He furrowed his brows and shakes his head slightly, setting down the picture in Hinata's lap.

"And? That's the original royal family, right? They died because of the demon in me." Naruto replied.

"They had a child, assumed dead but..." Neji slowly takes out a small slight burned picture from his pocket and opened it to show the two. "Father must've tried to burn every photo of the child but my maid found this one."

"So what if you have a baby pic-" He was going on until he suddenly saw the picture.

"Blonde, blue eyes-just like you. But what is no doubt you is the whiskers that are on you and on that baby."

"Naruto! You're...oh my gosh!" Hinata smiled brightly and hugged him close.

"B..but...I can't do this. I've never ever been in charge of anyone. I can't run a kingdom. It's such a bad idea to have me do that." Naruto replied slowly.

"I'll help you, I've been training my whole life. But, royalty doesn't interest me much anymore. My 'father' would never let me marry anyone but a princess but I have an interest in mind. Much rather have a normal life with her." Neji offered and gave the slightest smile.