Jason Likes Strippers

“Shit.”

            That was the first coherent word that formed in my head when I realized that last time I had been in the boss’s office I forgot to ask him about having Friday off. You’re probably thinking: Just ask right now, stupid! But the problem is, he isn’t in today. He had to go out on a ‘business meeting’ yea right, more like ‘lets-go-make-business-with-other-mafia-boss-people-about-drugs meeting’!

            I finished pulling today’s skimpy outfit of a barely there jean shorts and a practically bra black shirt over my head. I had been changing into today’s outfit when I remembered my promise to Kyle. He’s going to hate me for this.

            Jennifer’s mom had called me just before I left the house saying that she was now alright and back at home. I couldn’t hide my relief even if I tried. She invited me to dinner with them, after I explained I had five boys living with me she made a non too adult remark and told me to just bring them along too. Oh well, it’s her food supply.

            I was about to step out my dressing room, I heard my phone ring from where I had left my purse. I quickly went to it, it might be Kyle. “Hel-hello?” I asked a little louder. The thumping of the music could be heard all the way over here. “Jasmine!” I heard Harry’s voice full on enthusiasm from the other end of the phone. “What’s wrong?” I asked immediately.

            “What? Nothing.” He said confused.

            “Then why did you call?” Now I was the confused one. So there wasn’t anything wrong with Kyle?

            “We just wanted to say hi!” He said happy again.

            “We?”

            “Yea! Look!” I heard the static as the phone got switched around or something. I heard a faint “On three!” and then everyone’s voice yelling “Hi Jasmine!” I pulled the phone away from my ear and couldn’t help but smile.

            “Hey guys…”

            “When are you coming home?” Louis’s voice asked.

            “I’m at work Louis.” I informed him.

            “Then why is there thumping music in the background?” Damn you Zayn.

            “They’re playing music for the customers.” I made up hastily.

            “Incredibly loud exotic clubbing music?” Niall questioned confused. Please don’t discover my workplace! I begged silently.

            “Err, yea…”

            “Where exactly do you work?” Liam’s worried voice came through now.

            “Listen I have to go work else they’ll get mad at me.” I told them quickly.

            “But we--” Harry’s voice was cut off.

            “Sorry, bye!” I hung up. I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath. I can’t let them find out where I work, they’ll think I’m some slut! Which in a way I am, but people just don’t understand that I need this high paying job! No, they won’t find out. I won’t let them. With that resolve in mind I made my way to the floor. Karla was on the stage with one of her legs on the pole while she twirled slowly and seductively around it. She wasn’t bad for a beginner, but I knew over time her dancing would become much less innocent. I shuddered at the memory of my first time taking center stage. I had been incredibly awkward and stiff up there, yet for some reason they liked me, or better yet, they liked Chloe.