Part 27

On the night of the red moon, the air was heavy and filled with a depressing stillness. Holding the gem in his hands, Sam walked in a hall. His footsteps echoing amongst the walls.

Slowly he headed to his room, a smirk on his face, whilst the maids around him took a peek at him while doing their work wanting to see more of their handsome young master.

Unbeknownst to all of them, a tiny shadow flitted past their leg and followed the young master into his office.

Reaching the room, Sam placed the gem on the table before heading to bathroom in preparation.

The little ball of shadow morphed into a fully formed Dominic. With a glowing bat in his hands, he headed for the necklace on the table.

Preparing himself, he raised the bat high up above his head, before slamming down on the red gem, resulting in a resounding shattering sound that echoed through the mansion.

In the gem, Xenia who was waiting in excitement saw the never changing window in front of her beginning to form cracks before breaking down. The brightness from the outside began to pour in excessively as she flew out. In front of Dominic she said ; "thank you" , a happy and bright smile on her face. Before her soul began to scatter into tiny little flames that disappeared when it touched the floor.

" What have you done?"