Ch. 4

Adrien leaned against the back wall and yawned. He was watching the guests intermingle and have a good time. I am so bored.

Adrien saw his father walk up to him, and he smiled.

"Adrien, my son, I have been looking for you."

"Father!" Adrien said with surprise and delight.

"You got many compliments on your modeling tonight, and I have signed a contract on your behalf. You will now be modeling with some of the top notch companies in Paris."

"That's great, Father! Thanks!" Adrien said with a fake smile. Gabriel Agreste nodded and walked off.

Adrien rubbed his forehead. Great, more modeling. He sighed.

"Ooh, look who's coming your way." Plagg said from his hiding spot. Adrien looked up and saw Marinette walking toward him.

"Hey." She said when she'd reached him. He strained a smile; his mind was still on the modeling contract his Father had signed.

"Hey, Marinette."

"Is it true what you said about me?"

"Said about you?" Adrien asked, confused.

"You and Kagami were talking about me. Is it true what you told her?"

"Oh, that." Adrien smiled, thinking back to their conversation earlier. "Of course. That's exactly how I feel about you."

Adrien was confused at Marinette's reaction.

"Even... even the part about my fashion?"

"Yes, every last word..." He didn't have time to ask why because his friend turned and ran away. What was that about? He wondered. Maybe Alya and Nino will know.

He was about to go find them when suddenly Gabriel Agreste walked onto stage.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming tonight. I hope you enjoyed the fashion show, and the food, but sadly tonight must come to a close. Thank you all for coming, and I bid you goodnight." Gabriel walked off the stage. Adrien left to go meet his father; they had agreed to meet backstage after the gala. I'll ask them tomorrow. He resolved. Then he ran backstage to go find his father.