chapter 1

donnie

-

I open my eyes squinting. The florescent lights hurt my eyes as the smell of 'clean' fills my lungs. I blink again feeling a pounding in my head. 

"Fuck." I whisper to myself, taking a deep breath.

"Ms. Brewer you're awake," he says looking down at his clipboard "we've checked you're vitals and you seem to be fine."

"O--okay." 

"What's today?" I ask, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"April 13th, 2019."

"And, when did I get here?"

"April 7th, 2018."

"Who put me in here?" 

He hesitates for a minute, skimming across the words on his clipboard. "A Ms.Atwater." 

"First name, please." I say, rolling my eyes.

"It was me." I hear her say.

"What the fuck are you doing here!?"

"I saved your life, have some grace."

"Fuck grace. I wanted to die." 

"Well, be nice."

"Kennedy. Get out."

"No. I came here to check up on you."

"Security!" I yell standing up on the hospital bed, waving my hands around in the air. 

"Get this bitch out of my room!" I yell jumping up and down, like a monkey.

The doctor tells her to leave as i settle back down. The room around me just made me feel depressed. Empty, exactly how I'm feeling. Nobody came to see me, except for Kennedy and I just ran her away. What is wrong with me? I sigh, throwing my head into my hands as tears fall from my eyes. 

"I should've died." I mutter.

I pull the cords from my arms, feeling a sharp pain run through my body.

"Shit." I say biting my cheek.

I get up, breathing in deeply. I walk over to the door, feeling the cold metal in my hands twisting it open.

The door opens up to a long wide hallway, with the florescent lights continuing all the way down the hall. I shuffle down the long hallway and out another door which seems to lead to a waiting area.

I stumble out the door, seeing Kennedy exiting as well. "Okay, im sorry," I say, through gritted teeth. "can you atleast take me home?"