Chapter 37

**JIM'S POV **

She was being released with some pain medication that she could take while being pregnant and instructions to take it easy. No lifting, running, unnecessary walking, nothing strenuous at all. I promised that she would be taking it easy for the duration she was supposed to. Mick and I would make damned sure of that! The nurse smiled at my Kia as the doctor talked to me more about her condition and what she was and was not allowed to do. She was finally allowed to get dressed after the nurse wrapped her ribs with a compress. Not sure what the hell that's supposed to do but who am I to judge the medical professionals?!

She was wheeled outside to the awaiting buses where everyone had convened at. Mick looked up expectantly as I helped her onto the bus. A million questions were fired at her but all she really wanted to do was go lay down. I helped her into my bunk and made sure she was settled before I left her to get some rest and to go answer questions. I knew it wouldn't be long before her.... condition.... came to light but I sincerely hoped it wouldn't be today!

"What happened?" Chris questioned as soon as he'd seen me

With a heavy sigh I looked over to Corey, "She has two fractured ribs. They're not completely broken but she IS to take it very easy the next six weeks while her ribs heal. Nothing strenuous."

Corey looked down. He knew I was pissed at him. I was pissed at Mick too but he wasn't the one who shoved her. Something is going to have to be done about the two of them or the only one who's really gonna get hurt, physically and emotionally, is poor Kia. Everyone nodded in understanding. Sid asked what happened for her to break her ribs in the restaurant.

"Well I think she went to check on Corey and Mick." I started making both men look up at me with pleading eyes, "After making sure they weren't going to kill one another she headed to the bathroom. The floors were kinda slick from what she said and she fell in the bathroom. She hit her side on one of the handrails in the handicap stall."

Both Mick and Corey seemed to sigh with relief that I hadn't ratted them out about what really transpired. I will be having a good sit-down with the 2 of them at some point. We talked more of Kia's fractured ribs and what the doctor told me. I explained to everyone what she was and wasn't allowed to do. Corey nodded but his eyes never met mine. Clown called to have the buses stop so those who needed to switch buses could do so. The eldest of our group said to tell Kia they all wished her a speedy recovery knowing most of them wouldn't see her much the next few weeks.

I went to check on her to see if she was OK or if she needed anything. She was asleep but would moan every so often like she was in pain. It broke my heart but there wasn't much I could really do for her other than the limited things in the pamphlet I'd been given. Slipping out of my shoes, I decided to crawl into my bunk too. All I wanted was to hold her, to make her feel better. Knowing she was in pain made me want to protect her even more! Finally I drifted off to sleep as I laid there staring at her beautiful glowing frame.

Since we had the time off and it felt like a great way to spend time with my family, I suggested the 6 of us head to the local water park. The kids loved it, Mick and I loved seeing our beautiful Kia in her bathing suite, and it was a good way to spend quality time together off the road. I didn't know, however, that there would be people there that we would know. We got settled in the cabana Mick had rented as soon as we'd arrived. He thought having the cabana would help keep our stuff together especially with such small children. Being at a public place like this, it wasn't unusual to hear children's laughter. However, I heard one child that I knew pretty well.

Our rambunctious 3 year old with jet black hair and ice blue eyes was laughing heartily at his father while his mother was busy with a crazy set of 1 year old twins with sandy blond hair and light blue eyes. Kia's kids had 2 different fathers but the 6 of us were all a family. It was crazy! Somehow we made this crazy lifestyle work, even if her father didn't approve of it. I was glad that she finally allowed him back into her life! Things were going to take a while before everyone was on "friendly" terms again but at least she had decided to not completely block him out of her life anymore! Griffin saw us group as he was getting out of the wave pool and immediately had to give his big sister a tight hug. She seemed very surprised to see him but she finally looked over to where Stephanie and Corey were lounging in the cabana.