Chapter 1

I step out of the rear door of our 7 seater SUV before looking up at our new double story. It consists of mainly black brick with white plaster columns on either side go the front door, it is massive.

"Why are we here again?" I ask my dad as I walk around to the boot of our car.

He shushes me before pointing to the small metal device in his ear. Of course, he's on a work phone call. I roll my eyes before snatching my suitcase of him.

"I can't wait to see where this goes." I hear my dad state.

I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.

"Cat." I hear my younger sister Erin says my name to the left of me.

I watch as she grabs my hand that's not holding my suitcase and drags me to the front door and into the house. Inside is a spiralling staircase to my left and the lounge room to my right with a fireplace and bookshelf. I can see a glimpse of the conjoined kitchen and dining room through the doorway and wall opening leading from the lounge to the dining room.
I laugh as Erin runs off happily to check out how comfy the couch it. The house is already bustling with my five siblings, Hazel, Mason, Erin, Aaron and David. I'm oldest at age 17, Hazel and Mason are twins and are age 14, next are Erin aged 12, Aaron is aged 10, and lucky last David coming in at 8. I would assume that we all have the same father but I can never be sure with my mothers' active social life. I walk up the stairs trying to discover what room is mine. I pass multiple bedrooms, including the master suite, which join onto the hallway I'm currently walking. I want to get as far away from the mast as I can because I assume that's where my parents will be sleeping. I reach the last bedroom which is located at the end of the hallway, walking in I notice it's not as big as the master but it's bigger than the other bedrooms. The walls are painted a bright white with floor-length white opaque curtains. The overall theme is pink, grey and white, which carries through the whole room. From the prints on the wall to the double size bed. From the cabinets and accessories to the small sofa bed accompanying a small tv opposite the bed. It even carries through to the wall in robe and ensuite. I smile, I'm glad it's fully furnished. I place my suitcase on my bed before getting to work on unpacking.

...

I watch through the floor to ceiling windows located in the dining room the changes of colours in the sky, the blues, pinks and purples. A knock on the door echos through the house.

"I'LL GET IT!" I yelled running up to the front door.

I open the door to reveal a boy who looks the same age as me. He has short brown hair styled and big brown eyes.

"Hello?" I question.

"Hi, I live across the road and my mum wanted me to welcome you to the Beacon Hills." He finishes with a cute smile and extending his arms to pass me a basket of mini muffins, "I'm Scott Mccall."

"My names Caterina Stone."

"I better get going but it was nice to meet you."

I watch as Scott McCall runs off and over the street to his supposed house. I smile, maybe living here won't be so bad.