Modern times

In the year 2145, the earth was ravaged by unidentified nuclear objects. Killing most of the human population along with a majority of life on the planet. Where these nukes came from and who dropped them was never confirmed and we fear we shall never know. 

At the time of the bombings, the company Acolyte Inc had captured homeless adults from the streets of America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania. These adults were all hauled off to a secret facility located off the side of Tidal World, one of the worlds biggest and most famous theme parks.

They all died

They all died. 

Some lasted longer than others, some lasted a day and others lasted years but after six years, they all died of chemical exposure or other circumstances. What the scientists found was that due to these subjects being homeless, they were more opportune to different diseases. What they needed were healthy, fresh teenagers.

The perfect time for the scientist to gain new subjects, the opening of the fifth branch of the Tidal world. The Mysterious sea man's hideout, millions of people would all be coming to see the opening. People from all corners of the world.

Before the grand opening, they had had their eyes on a few subjects who they thought would be opportune subjects for their tests. For their experiments. 

As the teenagers filed in with their parents, they were handed a pamphlet which invited them to have dinner with Acolyte, as they were one of the main investors of Tidal World. The teenagers were happy to accept, all too happy.

They had nothing to fear, until that day of course

They had nothing to fear, until that day of course. The world was in a state of world peace, there were bad things happening for sure but everyone was just oblivious to it. No one watched the bad parts of the news, they would turn it off as soon as anything negative happened. 

They weren't expecting it to happen.

The scientists took them deep into the facility.

They locked them up.

Some they forgot about.

Some they tested on straight away.

It was a feeding frenzy for Acolyte. 

They were satisfied, they closed up the facility and that was the last anyone heard from the families that entered.

Then... the bombs fell. 

The world was ravaged but some still survived. 

A different world requires different people

And people definitely changed

For better or for worse?

Now that's a difficult question.