Dance Competition | 09

I'll change the format a little!

Today was the day. The day of the dance competition. The day to make my dreams come true. I walked on the school grounds, going to my locker. The dance competition was after school, so I could practice with Doyum all day Long according to my Teachers. I decided to text Doyum about it.

Me:
Doyum! Where you wanna meet?
Doyumie:
Hmm... Practice room! Let's work on the dance then vocals and practice both at the same time after.
Me:
Okay!

I kept my phone in my bag and went to the practice room. I went inside and Doyum was not there considering that I was quite early today. I plugged in my earphones and played my playlist. I didn't even notice but I fell asleep.

I woke up to someone caressing my whole face. weird. He was caressing my jawline and poked my cheek. Wait what? I pretend I was sleeping still. He kept caressing my face until it reached my lips. He gently touched it and his soft hands glided down to my bottom lip. He pinched both my cheeks softly and stood up. Who was that? I squinted my eyes open and saw..... Doyum. He was doing all that? I opened my eyes and he look surprised.

Doyum POV
I got into the practice room and saw Y/N asleep. I caressed her whole face. First I started at her jawline. That sharp jawline that could cut my heart. I poked her chubby cheeks and moved down to her lips. I caressed it gently and moved to her bottom lips. The lips I wanted kiss so badly right there and then. ( I HIGHKEY cringed ) I stood up and I saw Y/N waking up. Shit. What do I do.

back to your POV

I pretended like nothing happened and asked Doyum to start practice. I think he didn't notice that I was awake the whole time. We started working on our dance. After an hour of practicing dancing, we moved on to singing. We sung the lyrics well and we didn't even notice but there were students crowding around the practice room, admiring us. I checked the time. 10.28. Two more minutes to recess. Sweet.

I quickly texted Junseo and asked him to eat with me and the guys. I made my way to the cafeteria with Doyum and we were just talking about life in general. I walked backwards while talking with him as I felt the need to see his beautiful face. As I was walking backwards, Doyum shouted,
"Y/N LOOK OUT!"
I looked behind me and saw someone carrying a hot bowl of soup. I closed my eyes, waiting for the soup to spill on me but a hand grabbed me, preventing me to fall. It was Yechan.
"Oh my gosh! Thank you Yechan you saved me!" I gave him a big hug. He started blushing which I found cute so I pinched his cheeks.

Doyum POV
When Y/N gave Yechan a hug I infuriated with anger, the urge of punching Yechan was there but he can't make a fuss over a small thing like this. Y/N isn't even my girlfriend. I clenched my fists even tighter when I saw Yechan blushing. But what was even worse is that Y/N pinched his cheeks! I couldn't take it anymore. I excused myself and went to the practice room. I'll just dance my anger out.

Your POV
Doyum left and I could tell he was angry. Why is he angry? Is it because of Yechan? I excused myself and followed him. He went to the practice room and practiced our song for the dance competition. However, I could tell there was anger in the dance somehow. It was a burning passion. A burning passion? For what? To perfect the dance? Or to release his anger made by Yechan and I?

I knocked on the door and saw Doyum looking at me intensely. I gulped my saliva and asked him what happened. He rolled his eyes and continued dancing.
"Doyum what is wrong with you? Why are u ignoring me?"

Doyum POV
I can't take anymore. I'm gonna do it. I flickered her hand away when she tried to pat my back.
"What is wrong with you Jeon Doyum?"
"Why are you acting like this?"
I clenched my fist into balls. No backing out now.
"I FUCKING LIKE YOU Y/N!"
I stopped the song. Everything was silent. Not a single move was made. It was like time stopped.
"Y-You w-what?"
"W-Why would you l-like m-me?" She stuttered.
How cute. She started stating all her flaws but I shut her up.
"You are so talented. You're kind, sweet, funny, pretty, oh and I love it when you eat you look so cute!"
"OKAY STOP!" We both chuckled.
"Do you like me back?" I asked her.

Your POV
"Do you like me back?" Doyum asked me.
I hesitated. Should I confess as well? Fuck it I'm gonna do it. You only live once right?
"Yes. I like you too Jeon Doyum,"
He widened his eyes and took both my cheeks. His face was leaning into mine. It was like slow motion. I leaned in my face too and closed my eyes. His soft lips touched mine. He slowly kissed it and held my waist. I put my hand over his shoulders and it felt amazing.

It wasn't those hot makeout sessions Nor was it a peck. It was just a simple and long kiss. We both pulled away and gasped for air. He smiled at me and I pecked his cheek.
"Are we official now?" I nodded my head slowly. He lifted me and swung me around. I smiled brightly. I could never forget how I felt at that moment.

It was after school and our competition would start any minute now.
"Please welcome, Y/N AND DOYUM!"
We got on stage and went to our position and did our dance.

( I'll be explaining the moves a lil' bit )

The audience cheered when we did touchy moves. The whole school practically shipped us, besides his crazy fangirls of course. At the last move he would kiss my hand. It was time for the last move but he kissed my lips. He walked off stage holding my hand. When we reached backstage he pecked my lips again and said,
"What a great performance huh?"