Chapter 2

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock ringing. Kinapa ko ito mula sa bedside table ko at pinatay bago bumalik sa naputol kong tulog. Total sunday naman ngayon, I might as well sleep all day.

    Ilang minuto ang nakalipas ng tumunog ulit ang alarm clock. Groaning, I opened my eyes and turn it off again. Another groan escaped my lips as soon as I felt the throbbing in my head. 

     Nagulat nalang ako ng biglang bumukas ang pinto ng kwarto ko at pumasok ang mommy ko na may dalang tray ng pagkain. I totally forgot that she's here! I rolled my eyes and lay back in the bed, completely ignoring her.

"Asher, eat this. I know you're not feeling well after last night. May medicine din dito, take it after"She said habang nilapag ang pagkain sa kama ko.

"I can take care of myself mother. I've been doing that for almost 10 years na"Sabi ko.

I heard her sigh, "I know you're mad honey but please understand that everything that your dad and I have been doing is-"Paliwanag nya pero sumabat na agad ako.

"For me? Yeah, you've been saying that ever since you send me here"I replied, stopping myself from crying.

"Yes honey, one day, lahat ng meron kami ng daddy mo ay mapupunta sayo"She explained, caressing my back since I was facing the other side.

Hunarap ako sakanya, "Hindi nyo man lang ba naisip na baka hindi yun yung kailangan ko? All I need mom is you and dad to be here with me!"Sabi ko sakanya. I can feel a lump in my throat but I'm trying to swallow it.

She will never going to see me crying like a baby. Crying is a sign of weakness and I am not weak!

"Asher you don't understand!"My mom said in defeat.

"I do mom! I understand na mas mahalaga sainyo ni daddy ang company"I said coldly.

Her face soften after hearing what I said. "That's not true Asher. We love you so much"Sabi nya.

I clenched my jaw and sigh deeply. "Why are you here by the way?"Pag iiba ako ng topic. I can feel my emotions buzzing to come out kaya tinigil ko na dahil ang ending nun is iiyak lang din ako.

"Actually, that's the reason why I came here"Unang paliwanag nya na nakakuha ng atensyon ko.

"We want you to go back to the philippines and stay with us"Pagpapatuloy nya.

Kulang nalang ay tumawa ako ng malakas, did I just heard it right? They want me to go back there? They must be joking right? After all these years, why now?

"No"Maikli kong sagot.

"Asher, it's not a suggestion nor a question. You're going back. With us"Sabi nya at saka ay tumayo para lumabas.

"You can't just come in here and command me as if I'm one of your employees mother! I am not going back"Sabi ko sakanya bago pa sya tuluyang lumabas.

"You have no choice Asher. Your dad already talk to an agent and this apartment is on the market. You wanna stay here, you have to make your own money"Sabi nya with her voice all mighty.

At this point, I was fuming. They can't just do that!

"I have my life here Mother! My friends, my school! You can't do that!"Sabi ko.

"I'm sorry baby but we've made our decision"She said sadly before going out, closing the door in behind her.