Chapter 2: Dinner Date

Previously on, The Journey Of Y/N Y/L/N...

I pull my phone out and she does the same. We exchange phone numbers and I look back up as we trade back. I smile a little and she does the same. "It was nice to meet you all by the way. Even though this circumstance isn't the best. Good luck with all this and," I look over at the beautiful blondie. "Keep in-contact, yeah?" I say, my accent coming out a little stronger and she blushes with a nod. "Goodnight." I say and walk away, going back to my car. Once I get in and start my drive back up to the house, there's only one thing on my mind. And that's Perrie.

What a way to end the day, eh?

(Five Days Later)

Y/N's POV:

"I still can't believe you helped thee Little Mix out of a car crash and got the iconic Perrie Edward's phone number." Dinah says and I chuckle, walking into the kitchen with her and the other four following. "Like how lucky can one get?" She continues and I roll my eyes, grabbing a banana and tossing one to Camila after. 

"You're tripping. It wasn't lucky. They could've really gotten hurt. I'm glad I was there." I say, moving around them and going to my living room, flopping onto my couch and tearing open the banana. "But they didn't. Why? Because the great Y/N fucking Y/L/N saved them. Sometimes I don't think you know how amazing you are." Normani says and I chuckle, turning on the TV.

"Thank you. But it's whatever. I'm happy I helped them and I'm happier that I got to keep in-contact with them. We're supposed to meet up later today for dinner, by the way." I say and they gasp, sitting next to me as I go to Netflix. "That's insane. You're having dinner with Little Mix? That's amazing." Ally fangirls and I laugh at her star-struck face, the other girls joining. 

She blushes a rose red in embarrassment and I laugh even harder, leaning on Dinah for support but she's at the same state I am. Ally leans over to slap me but I dodge it and try to calm down since my stomach is starting to hurt. 

"My goodness. Anyway, moving on. You and Perrie, huh?" Lauren teases and the other girls look at me with raised eyebrows. I blush and look away. "Shut up. We're just friends." I say and Camila scoffs. "Doesn't seem like it. Especially since I saw the way you guys were texting yesterday." She says and the girls all 'ooo' at Camila's exposed information. My eyes widen and I choke on my banana. "Girls. She has a boyfriend. Calm down." I chuckle nervously and they look at me with the 'bitch please' face, making me roll my eyes, knowing what's coming. 

"You act like you can't hit her with that Y/L/N effect and steal her away." Yep. That's exactly what I knew they'd say. "I refuse to be that kind of person again. Mr. Steal Yo Girl is gone and non-existent." I say, referring back to my song I made for my latest album. "Sure Jan." They say in unison and I sigh, knowing there's no getting past them. I don't respond and decide to just start the show Big Mouth and stuff my face with the banana. 

~~~~~~

It's currently 7 and I'm getting ready to go out to dinner with the girls of Little Mix. We've been talking a lot lately and thought it was good to get to know each other in person rather than over a group chat. They chose dinner and said they'd pay as a thank you for saving them, but they probably know I'm not gonna let that happen. I finish putting my outfit on and I fix my tie, moving over to my desk. I spray on some cologne and grab my phone, giving myself a once-over in my mirror. I smile, knowing I don't actually look that bad. I shut my lights off and walk out my room, walking downstairs.