4

For the next couple of days, Jackson ignored Mark. There were no more encounters, no more pinning on lockers, no more sudden remarks, Jackson had completely stopped all contact with Mark.

Mark was thankful for this happening because that meant he could get rid of his feelings for Jackson, but that wasn't working. The more he saw Jackson in the hallways, the more he wanted to go over to him and just kiss him. But he couldn't do that.

Then the whispers started around school 'they finally realized their feelings' and 'did they have a fight.' Mark didn't care at all, except for he did care about Jackson. He always has, which is why he's always teased Jackson, thus, they became enemies.

Jackson, with every day passing, he was breaking more and more, the desire to tell mark how he felt was becoming stronger. He had to do something about it before it was too late. The day he decided to tell Mark, was the day he saw Mark with his ex girlfriend, Crystal. He would've thought that they were just friends, but the way she was clinging onto him, stated otherwise.

Mark saw Jackson looking at them, he saw the emotionless expression he had on his face. He didn't know exactly what it meant, but he knew it meant something. He mustn't forget that they were friends before they were ever enemies. What's that word? Right, frenemies. "Do you need something Crystal? I thought I made it clear I didn't wanna see you anymore when we broke up," Mark said in pure annoyance.

"Come on now baby, that's no way to treat your girlfriend," she said cutely as she clung onto him even more. "Excuse me? You and I broke up months ago, remember?" Crystal rolled her eyes and let go of Mark, "play along. I'm trying to help you here, i know you don't want people thinking you like Jackson, when you obviously don't."

And damn, if Mark knew any better, he would've pushed her away right then and there. But he doesn't know better, so he did the one thing he could do in a moment of panic, he kissed Crystal.