chapter twelve: walk you home

tongue tied. | walk you home

"What?" Doyoung asked. He didn't know what to say, surprised by what he heard from the two.

Shit. Just shit. Everything's just shit right now. Its fine if it was Jaehyun who heard it--No, wait. Either way, both of them shouldn't hear it. But how unlucky Taeyong was and Doyoung has to be the one, his boyfriend. Doyoung even looked like he could throw his tray at Taeyong.

Taeyong didn't even reply to Doyoung, he just stood up and ran out of the cafeteria with his red face. Why was Doyoung even there? It's impossible that he should still be there because of Jaehyun. How clingy.

He suddenly felt sorry for Jungwoo. He just left his friend. But his fight-or-flight instincts made him run away.

After running for how many minutes it has been, Taeyong was pulled into a janitor's closet. It was dark and it barely has space inside. But what caught his attention was the guy infront of him who turned the light on. And for god sake, why him?

"Why are you running? Is someone bullying you again?" Jaehyun asked.

Taeyong gulped and bit his lower lip as he averted his eyes from Jaehyun's. Why was he even in here in the first place?! Doesn't he have to be in the court or in his locker? Or elsewhere but here? Why is he even in his building?

As an answer from his question, he shook his head.

Jaehyun raised his eyebrow, "Then why are you running?"

Because of the closet's lack of space, Taeyong could feel Jaehyun's breath. The other hummed and an idea came up. He raised his wrist and pointed at it, meaning that he was late to class.

"Eh? The bell hasn't ringed."

Taeyong doesn't have any ballpen or paper to write on, neither his phone. He left his bag in the classroom. Somehow, his phone was useless if he can't do calls. But, Jaehyun suddenly offered a ballpen to him. Despite not having any paper, he wrote his words on his palm.

'The professor asked me to go to class early.'

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll bring you to your cl--"

Taeyong immediately waved his hands infront of Jaehyun's face. He smiled as he gave him a thumbs up. If that happened, his excuse will definitely be ruined. Taeyong waved bye and before Jaehyun could even say anything, he goes out of the closet and left.

So much for avoiding, Taeyong.

As soon as he returned into the classroom, he found Jungwoo and the others already seated into their chairs. Taeyong walked to his chair and sat beside Jungwoo. His friend took his eyes off of his phone and surprised to see Taeyong.

"Where have you been? I was looking all over for you!" Jungwoo uttered, obviously worried but was relieved to see his friend again.

'I was...at the field.'

Jungwoo frowned, "But I didn't see you there."

'I was behind the tree. You weren't looking for me that good.'

All Jungwoo did was to squint his eyes at his friend. He wasn't really convinced that Taeyong was really behind the tree at the field. Despite that it was a quiet place to be in, it was pretty open and it was impossible for him to hide that good. But then, maybe Jungwoo didn't just hunt him that well.

'What happened to Doyoung by the way?'

Taeyong asked hesitantly.

"As soon as you ran away, he just gave me a glance before he left. He didn't give me a death threat, thankfully, and he didn't tell anything for you," Jungwoo answered.

It was good that Doyoung didn't do something to Jungwoo. But he's sure that Doyoung's mad about it. He said that he didn't want to be selfish, but he still wants Jaehyun for himself.

Who wouldn't be selfish if your boyfriend is Jung Jaehyun? Even Taeyong wants him for himself.

The class went quiet as soon as the professor came into their room. All he did was to teach about things in theater like roles and shit. Taeyong didn't get to write notes since his mind was occupied with Doyoung, and mostly Jaehyun. As much as he wanted to pay attention, he really couldn't.

"I'll walk you home, okay?" Jungwoo asked while he cleared his things on top of his desk and putting them into his bag.

Taeyong nodded and slung his bag onto his shoulder. Both of them walked out of the classroom and parted ways. As usual, Taeyong goes to the library first before clinic.

Oh my gosh, the clinic. Taeyong suddenly didn't want to go to the clinic today. It's impossible he won't see Doyoung there.

"Oh, Taeyong, what are you doing here?" the librarian asked.

Taeyong frowned at her, confused.

"You can have your rest and resume your work here next week."

The mute just slowly nodded before going out of the library. He walked down the hallway and he suddenly heard a very familiar voice infront of the hallway he was walking on. He looked up and saw Jaehyun with a friend. It's Nakamoto Yuta, he guessed.

Jaehyun saw Taeyong at the end of the hallway, walking towards them. He waved and smiled at him, but Taeyong didn't wave nor smile back. He averted his eyes and walked by pass them, acting that he didn't see them which was impossible.

On the other hand, Jaehyun didn't like it which made him stop on his tracks and frown.

"Hey, was that Taeyong?" Yuta asked as he nudged Jaehyun.

Jaehyun hummed, "Yeah," he answered.

"You two in a quarrel?"

The other shook his head.

Yuta shrugged, "Anyway, Doyoung told you to meet him at the clinic, right?"

"Yeah...Let's go?"

Both men walked to the clinic. Jaehyun was still confused about Taeyong. He's acting weird lately. He can't stop but feel upset and ask himself if he did something Taeyong didn't like. Just as they were about to come in, they were stopped as soon as they saw Doyoung and Taeyong having a conversation in the glass window of the door.

"Do you still like Jaehyun?"