Kun-ream Cooking Show

Chapter 3 - Kun-ream Cooking Show

Kun's POV

We finished the game after hours of screaming and laughing simultaneously, I swear the neighbours must have thought we were maniacs. Mind you, they weren't necessarily wrong, but then we went to the kitchen to cook dinner.

I got everyone to help out with the cooking, seeing that it would be a lot of mouths to feed, so the extra mouths might as well help out.

But then I remembered why I never let these children into the kitchen.

It was a mess from the very start. We were starting to make bibimbap, and tteokbokki, but, Chenle and Jisung spent 10 minutes working out how to open the packet of instant teokbokki, Lucas kept eating the ingredients, Jaemin kept on stopping to squish Jeno's and Jisung's cheeks and Renjun kept rearranging the mushrooms into moomin shapes. Mark tried to crack an egg, but ended up crushing it in his fingers.

I called Taeyong, Yuta and to help out, sending everyone else to work on dessert. I get Jeno and Renjun to work on some Tanghulu, and Chenle and Jisung to make Hotteok, and I semi-supervised them. I got Jaemin to work with Renjun and Jeno since he's actually decent at cooking. Mark and Haechan worked on a fruit punch. Well, that wasn't really dessert, but I don't want these kids to get diabetes from so much dessert, and it's good to have an accompanying drink with your meal. I got Lucas to buy some extra fruit and some soda for the punch.

I took over the teokbokki and waited for Taeyong and Yuta to arrive before properly starting the bibimbap. I stirred the teokbokki for a little and then I put the lid on the pot.

Chenle came up to me asking how much of a bottle of water was 180ml.

"Kun-hyung, how much of this is 180mL?"

"You see, the whole bottle is 1.5L, 180ml is about one eighth of 1.5L, so how much is 180ml?"

He pointed to about one fifth of the length of the bottle downwards from the top, and said "I think this much"

"Are you sure? Maybe a little less?"

"I'm sure. It's this much."

"Okok I'll trust you" I let him pour in that much into the bowl before returning to my side of the kitchen and cutting up some mushrooms.

But not before I spotted Jisung sniffing the oil.

***

Jisung POV

Chenle and I were assigned the tteokbokki. Easy enough to make, only that the packaging hated us, and it was almost impossible to open it.

We poured some water into a pot and started boiling it, but then we remembered we were supposed to add the flavourings before boiling it, so we added in sauces whilst it was boiling, and then it got to the actual rice cakes, and opening the bag with them inside.

We would have used the scissors but they were being used elsewhere. So we tried ripping off the side, opening a hole in the top using the (that sticking out flap thingo that you use to open packages from), bursting it open, and even using our teeth before finally Chenle grabbed a knife and stabbed the bag.

We tore open the bag from there and dropped the rice cakes into the boiling water sauce. They plopped in and splashed a bit, causing us to both jump back.

"YAH! PABO!" I exclaimed.

"YOU DROPPED THE RICECAKE IN LIKE THAT YOU PABO" Chenle shrieked in dolphin.

We then added some fishcake for some more flavour.

"You need to cut the pieces a little bigger", I hesitantly suggested, "like that"