♔ NINE ♕

TUTOR    NINE

"and that's how you simplify square roots that aren't perfect squares when using the quadratic formula," corbyn finished explaining, looking up at jonah who was staring down at corbyn's notebook in confusion

"mhm," jonah mumbled under his breath, still trying to take everything in.

"here, how about we take a break from math and move on to science," corbyn suggested, not waiting for an answer as he grabbed his math textbook and replaced it with his science one.

"yeah, just um—gimme one more second," jonah said, still looking at corbyn's scribbled handwriting with furrowed brows.

corbyn rolled his eyes, picking up his notebook from the bed and ignoring jonah's baffled protests. he tore out the piece of paper with all of his notes before handing it to jonah.

"here, just take it."

"thanks," jonah said, smiling sheepishly as he put it on his bedside table.

"now in science we just learned chemical equations and what happens when you add radiation and noble gas—" corbyn was cut off as jonah gently took the textbook from corbyn's hands, closing it softly and placing it on the floor next to his bed.

"can we just take a quick break? my head already hurts from all the math that i still don't fully understand," jonah said as he laid back on his bed, his arms placed behind his head as he let out a big sigh.

"oh! yeah, sure. we, um—i guess we can do that," corbyn stuttered out, awkwardly sitting next to jonah, who had at this point closed his eyes in what looked to be an attempt to take a nap.

corbyn stood up and walked over to the bean bag that was placed in front of the t.v. he lazily plopped down on it, getting comfortable before pulling out his phone and opening twitter; a.k.a. drama central.

he didn't even notice as his eyes began to drop shut, slowly falling into a warm, welcoming sleep.

♔ ♕

the next thing corbyn knew, he was lightly being shaken awake. peering his eyes open, he first focused on the woman hovering above him; mrs. marais, presumably the one who had woken him up.

"wake up, dear. both you and jonah fell asleep. i called your mom and told her you could stay for dinner, so don't worry about it."

"you called my—wait, what?" corbyn asked sleepily, finding himself slowly drifting off due to the warm blanket he was under. he knew he didn't fall asleep with a blanket on, but he chose to ignore that fact seeing as he was comfy and cozy with the fluffy material draped over him.

"i got her number from the school. now come on, dinners ready," mrs. marais coaxed. "and if you don't mind, could you get jonah up?"

"yeah, no problem," corbyn mumbled as he sat up, rubbing his eyes with his fists while yawning.

mrs. marais only chuckled, shaking her head at the teen's adorable behavior before walking out of her son's room.

corbyn glances around the room, taking in everything once again. who knew such a "bad boy", per say, would have such a nice room? the books on his shelf numbered about 15, all organized in alphabetical order by author's last name. the things on his desk were neatly put in place; his pencils and pens were held in a classic black pencil holder, his binder was placed in the middle of his desk with his school papers stacked neatly on top of it, etc.

slowly, corbyn stood up from the beanbag chair, stretching slightly to help him wake up before walking over to jonah's bed and kneeling beside it. he was hesitant about waking the older up. he looked too peaceful to be disturbed, but he knew that the boy would probably want to eat dinner that night. sucking in a deep breath, corbyn places his hands on jonah's shoulders and started to shake him awake.

"jonah, come on. dinner's ready, you have to get up now," corbyn's voice was light and airy, not wanting to startle the boy by being too loud.

jonah whined in annoyance and swatted away corbyn's hands. his eyes peaked open to see who was talking, smiling lazily once he saw the blond haired boy.

"hey princess," jonah whispered groggily, his raspy voice throwing corbyn off balance for a few moments.

"h—hi, jonah. you need to get up. your mom said that dinner's ready," corbyn responded, once again whispering as to not break the peaceful aura of the room.

"in a little bit," jonah whispered back, closing his eyes and grabbing corbyn's hands that still lay on the brunette's shoulders.

"no, jonah, get up now—" corbyn abruptly stopped speaking when jonah pulled him onto the bed, making corbyn lay on top of him on the comfortable mattress.

corbyn's chest was pressed against jonah's, their legs somehow tangling together in a mess of limbs while corbyn's head rested in the crook of the older's neck. jonah's arms had wrapped themselves around corbyn's waist in an attempt to keep the petite boy right where he was laying.

"cuddles first, dinner later," jonah mumbled, closing his eyes and slowly nodding off again.

"only for a few minutes," corbyn mumbled, feeling his own eyes slowly close shut as he once again fell under a sleeping spell.

bc corbyns- wanted it-