Chapter Six: First Down

Narroration P.O.V.

              Two months have passed since the two hosts have met, most of the time filled with discussion and laughing. In the middle of the second month, Jameson started to act off. She was in pain every time she took a step, or anytime she did a basic human function. She spent most of the time sitting by the tree where she and Matalyn hung out. To make it worse, Matalyn had nosebleeds almost every day. Everything was going down hill until one day, everything reached a nadir. 

 The Day (Still Narration P.O.V.)

             The two hosts, Matalyn and Jameson, were walking around. Jameson leaned a bit onto the others shoulder, but Matalyn didn't seem to mind. All she doid was wipe her nose, a little blood showing on her sleeve. "Hey," Matalyn looked up at Jameson,"I have a suggestion. What if we go up to, lets say, Chey and ask her why you're feeling weird. Maybe ask why I've been bleeding as well." The taller one nodded in agreement,"That sounds like a good idea, yeah." She tried standing up all the way, but that didn't work. All it did was almost knock the flower crown off, which she readjusted. 

           They walked around for a little bit, eventually finding Joker. He was holding a very happy expression on his face. "Hey Chey, we have a question that you might know the answer to." Matalyn said, still helping Jameson stand up. Joker nodded,"Ok. What do you need?" She looked at the other host, who seemed to be worn-out. "We just want to know why she's been feeling crummy and everything. I personally want to know why I've been having nosebleeds everyday." She turned back to Joker. He looked at Jameson with a confused expression. "She looks fine to me." That's when Jameson collapsed. 

          Joker started to panic. There wasn't a host before that started to get tired that quickly. Matalyn quickly went down beside her, shaking her. "Jameson," Matalyn started," Jameson are you ok?!" There was no response. "Jame- Chey! Do something!!" She turned to Joker, tears welling up in her eyes. Master just stood there in a panic, nat being able to do anything. "Chey please!! You can't just let your girlfriend get hurt and not do anything about it!" The last host turned back to what was left of the first host. Her body was limp, and she stopped breathing. "No!! Damn it- wake up!!" Matalyn still tried to 'wake her up'. It was no use; she was dead. "JAMESON!!!"

        The rest of that day was filled with blood and sorrow. There was only one host left, and she was miserable. She spent the rest of her time sobbing until she couldn't anymore. Her nosebleeds had increased, but she didn't seem to care. She let it get on her clothes, being too busy with wiping the tears away. The others body had disappeared, a small daisy appearing beside where Matalyn wept. Joker didn't like seeing Matalyn cry, so he decided not to lie anymore. He changed into his actual form, sighing after. He didn't want to show her yet, though, so he waited until she was stable to show her.