Chapter Five: Catching Up

Narroration P.O.V.

      For the next few days, the two small hosts caught up. They talked about what had happened in between the last they saw each other and now. While they were doing that, they explored the new subconscious that was made. After a few hours went by, Jameson suggested they rest at a tree nearby, which Matalyn agreed to do. They went over to it, sitting down by the roots. 

Jameson's P.O.V.

     I sat down by Mattie, a little surprised at how much shade it was casting. "So," I tried to start up a conversation again,"Do you have any pets?" Mattie nodded and smiled. "I have a cat named Kvothe. I wanna get another, but the landlord already doesn't like me having a pet. I might get one when I graduate." She said, shrugging after. She turned to me,"What about you?" I smiled brightly,"Oh!! I have a small Golden Doodle dog." I closed my eyes, imagining my little dog at home, probably sleeping. "I named her after one that I used to have, which is Fiona. Well her full name is Princess Fiona Apple, like in Shrek." 

      Mattie giggled, sighing after. "Hopefully we can go home soon. I'm sure our pets are hungry." I nodded in agreement,"Yeah, well I think Chey can feed Fiona and your roommate can feed Cannoli-" "It's Kvothe." "-Yeah that's what I said. Definitely." I laughed a little, forgetting the cats name again. I looked at the area in front of us- which was really pretty. It was getting a little awkward, sense no one was saying anything.

Narrator P.O.V.

     Joker changed into his new form, smiling happily. He kept saying how "It's so perfect!" and "I'm so clever!" The form he was taking on was a young lady, probably in her late 20's. He went behind the tree the two hosts were sitting in front of, ready to make his big entrance. 

     "Hello? Guys?" Joker said, stepping out behind the tree. Both of the hosts turned back, the taller one smiling. "Oh hey sweetheart!! You're here too?" Jameson asked, shooting up. She was a bit slow, but that didn't stop her. She hugged Joker while Matalyn held a face of suspicion. Jameson kept asking Joker questions, having him answer them the best he could. 

       Once Joker had a break in between questions, he budded in. "I have a surprise for you two!" He looked over at Matalyn, who now had a face of curiosity. "Close your eyes and I'll give it to you!" The two hosts closed their eyes, opening them when they felt something being placed on their heads. They were flower crowns. "Ooo," Jameson's eyes lit up,"They look pretty!" Matalyn scrunched her nose for a second before smiling. "They do look cute." She agreed, nodding. 

     Joker smiled cheerfully, "I'm glad you like them! Now I gotta go do some things. I'll see y'all later!" And with that, he disappeared. 

    Jameson sat back down, keeping the flower crown on. However, Matalyn took hers off. "Hey Jameson," She looked over at the other,"I don't really think that's Chey." Jameson blinked, confused. "What do you mean- well I know what you mean, but why don't you think so?" She asked, pulling her legs up and hugging them. "Well, first of all, her eyes aren't light blue. Secondly, she's acting way too nice," Matalyn set the crown on the ground,"I know she is nice, but thats not how I remember her." The taller host shrugged,"Well at least a figure like my girlfriend is here!"