nelja

.•*•.tjs pov.•*•.
•flashback•
"alright, tyler. it's been a great interview, we'll be in contact.", the representative said, handing an envelope to my mom. "here's some information.", he said smiling before my mom lead him out. i wasn't even excited about the interview, i was excited to tell cyrus.
•flashback over•
          "come on tj! i thought you loved partying.", cyrus said slapping tj's arm lightly.
          "i did, when i was friends with reed and lester.", i said laughing, he really wanted to throw a celebration party. i just didn't know if that's what i wanted. i don't necessarily have friends who have "friendly get togethers", they usually partake in ragers loaded with alcohol and drugs. i don't want to put cyrus in a situation like that. i don't want him to be uncomfortable and feel out of place, and i don't want him to get blackout drunk. he isn't someone i could live with just letting him "sleep it off". he's important to me and i wouldn't live it down if i let anything happen to him.
           "they're still your friends. it doesn't mean they have to come though, it's up to you. i won't guilt trip you over a celebratory party if you don't want to have one.", he spoke, assuring me he wouldn't make me do anything i was uncomfortable with. but i was comfortable with it, but it isn't a good thing to be comfortable with.
           "i kind of just want to spend the weekend with you, we can play games or whatever. i an order pizza?", i said, ending on a question to spark an idea for our "bro weekend".
           "how could i say no to that?", he said pulling out his phone, "do you want me to ask my mom if i can stay the night tonight?"
            "sure, if you want you can stay all weekend.", i answered.
            "tomorrow for sure, but i don't know if she'll let me stay the night two nights in a row.", he said. he and his mom were very close, and cyrus is a fun person to be around. i get why she likes being around him. i know i do.
             "she said she'll drop of some pajamas, then i'll be all set."
.•*•.•*.•*•.•*•.
we had turned on perks of being a wallflower, and sat in my bed comfortably. i wish i had a hunch that made me say, oh friends don't do this - but friends do do this. i like to imagine that the feeling is mutual sometimes...
before i got too deep in completely romantic thoughts of the boy beside me, i was caught off guard by light snoring. he was asleep. i grabbed the remote to turn off the movie, as Cyrus rustled around in the spot next to me. i smiled to myself at the thought of dating him. how magnificent it would be to, of all things, be with him. i would give a lot to end up with this boy someday.
i looked up at the ceiling through my lowered lashes, as i drifted into a peaceful res of my own.

[*short chapter noises*]