Chapter 17: What exactly is CBG?

"Hey." Kylie greeted as she went inside.

"Hollow." I replied, meaning to say 'hello' but ended up saying that instead.

She chuckled, "What's up, sport?"

"Adi took me to the training area yesterday." I replied, "How many members are here, anyway?"

"Around thirty." She replied.

"Really?" I asked.

"Official members, that is. I didn't count the rookies, Lawrence, and the staff." She replied.

"Lawrence? Why isn't he an official member?" I asked again.

"'Cause he's the leader, silly."

"He is? I thought it was Leon." I replied.

She snorted, "He's the assistant leader— which isn't really a thing for gangs, but Lawrence did it 'cause he's too lazy to take up all the responsibility of being a leader— and the brains of the gang. Lawrence mostly just does the pew pew."

This time, I snorted, "The pew pew?"

"I don't just mean guns." She told me.

I stayed quiet. Looks like I didn't know gangs that much, even if I've read hundreds of books with gang stuff.

"Why are you suddenly so quiet?" Kylie asked, tossing me a soda can.

It grazed my fingers as I tried to catch it but instead, it almost hit the floor but I kicked it, only for it to hit my face and fall on the floor successfully.

Kylie burst out laughing at my stupidity as I clutched my nose.

"That hurt." I whined, picking up the soda and opening it.

It decided to become a fountain and just exploded half of its contents into my hand.

Kylie sipped on hers, "Do you wanna know about gang stuff?"

I looked at her immediately, "Yes!" I caught myself and how excited I sounded, "I mean, sure, whatevs."

"No need to hide your excitement." She told me with a chuckle.

"That was embarrassing, though." I replied.

"Oh, trust me, you've done worse."

I eyed her suspiciously.

"Okay, fine. What do you wanna know?" She plopped down on her bed, facing me.

"Everything." I replied.

"Well, that's a lot." She said.

"How did this all start?" I asked.

"There's this orphanage that housed Leon and Lawrence. Lawrence got adopted, without Leon, though. However, Lawrence came running back a few years later. Turns out, he was exposed to rather unsettling environments. Luckily, Leon was still there helping out at the orphanage. When Lawrence told his brother about what he had experienced, they decided to team up. Lawrence trained Leon and, when some enemies showed up to claim Lawrence back, they ended up fighting. Soon, this became a gang." She said, as if she memorized this story by heart.

"How do you know all that?" I asked.

"I was from the orphanage, too. When they were about to take me in the gang, they told me the whole story." She replied.

"Wait, wait, wait, so how old is this gang?"

"Only around six years."

"And how old is Lawrence?"