Chapter 2

After having a whole summer to think everything over I think I have decided that I'm going to avoid Eric at all cost this year, starting tomorrow, the first day of high school.  Being a freshman I can start over. I'm hoping everyone forgot about the whole Lauren and Eric thing. Everyone's probably going to be obsessed with telling each other about their summer vacations to even notice I'm alive anyways. 

As I brush my hair, I start thinking of ways to avoid embarrassment. If he's coming down the hallway, turn. Simple. If he's in the same class as you, sit as far away as possible. It's not that hard, I got this. I pull my blonde hair back into a ponytail, which I wear like everyday. Then I put on a simple T-shirt, and some jeans. I stare at my reflection, nothing on the face, we're good! I leave my messy room, and head to the kitchen. When I open the fridge to look for some food, the first thing I see is peppers. Out of all the foods in the world, the first thing I saw had to be peppers. I scream, and close the fridge. When I was in 7th grade, my friends came up with code names for who we all liked. At that time I told them I didn't like Eric, and I liked a boy named Jude, but they still gave Eric a code name. That code name was Spicy Peppers. 

"Lauren!" My Mom yells from upstairs.

"Yeah Mom?" 

"Be quiet!" 

I don't blame her for thinking I'm stupid. In fact this whole Eric thing has literally ruined my life. I slowly grab the fridge handle, and pull the door open. I keep my eyes from looking at the peppers and grab a ripe apple. Then shut the fridge so hard bottles clink together, and I hear something fall inside. That's when I see the clock, 6:59 am. My bus comes at 7. I hold the apple in my mouth then sprint to my bag. As I swing the bag over my shoulder I stub my toe on the corner of a desk. Pain shoots through my foot, but I ignore it. I see the bus outside my house, I don't have time to put my shoes on, so I grab them from the closet and burst out the door. The bus stops, and I realize I'm outside with no shoes on, with an apple resting in my mouth. I look up at the bus, and the first face I see, Eric Radmen staring back at me.