Eijiro Kirishima: Pillow Talk💌

You lightly brushed over the scar that was adorning the boys right eye.
"When did you get this?"
You asked, looking into the ruby eyes in front of you.

School had been tiring, and after exercising, the two of you went back to Eijiro's dorm room. There had been this tension between the two of you.
You laid on his chest, playing with a strand of his fiery red hair.
"It's a reminder for me to keep training and chase after my dreams. Everyone should do that."
He said frankly, pulling you closer.
"I'm sure, from all of the people in UA, you're one of the top contenders to become a professional hero!"
You exclaimed with a genuine smile on your face.
"I feel like I don't work hard enough for it, though. Sometimes, I just feel like I'm not good enough to even be a hero. I still show vulnerability too often."
He turned his gaze away ,still holding onto you tightly as if your presence alone comforted him. Although Eijiro seemed very cheerful and upbeat most of the time, in private, he seemed to be someone who selfdepricated a lot. He seemed to be overthinking. He had told you all these little snippets of stories where he felt as though he didn't live up to people's expectations.
He felt guilty.

"You know, in Junior Highschool I was an entirely different person. I was even weaker. A total coward. That never struck me as odd until I saw how another student stood up for their friends, showing no fear and taking responsibility even though they themselves might have easily been overpowered by the situation.
That's what I truly believe a hero should be like. You need to be selfless, confident and have to be able to keep your cool. I'm not really like that at all."
The boy's voice cracked with the last sentence. You carefully wiped away the small tear droplets that had collected in his eyes. You hugged him tightly, knowing how hard it must be to speak out on such a matter. It reassured you that he had trust in you.
"I'm sorry, Y/N. I know it's not very manly to cry." He said, cracking a soft smile.
"Hero's don't cry, do they?"

"Don't put yourself down like that. You deserve so much more."
The burden this boy was putting onto himself was more than he could carry. It was crushing him. You felt your heart ache upon how hard this boy was on himself.

"You know, actually, I think it's pretty brave to show someone how you truly feel. In my eyes, you've always been a hero."

You saw his eyes light up for a second. A soft smile formed around his lips. You wiped away a few more tears and returned his smile.
He needed affection and reassurance, and you were happy to be able to provide that.
You would give him the world if you could.

"That smile right there. Keep it. It suits you, Kiri."