Remorse

There is this circulating news about some serial killer lurking in our city. I live with my family in a simple bungalow type of a house. We are busy with our own life. We don't have much time to have a simple conversation in this house. This is truly a house and from my point of view it will never be classified as a home.

Since I'm alone now at this place. I thought of going to the night market with plans of wasting three hours looking at bargain priced products.

With 15 minutes of walking, I'm already at the starting point of night market. As usual, there were mostly child's toys. Maybe the toys were placed on the entrance portion of this big night market for those childs who easily get bored at this event. Well I can't blame because even I feel so much pressure. I feel another human body making contact with my body because of this chaotic display in the entrance portion I don't know anymore how the other people from outside still enters this sweat-filled night market. I manage to go the the middle portion. Everything they sell from here is mostly kitchen wares. I was looking at the stainless knife thinking if it is sharp even if it's from night market. Then suddenly someone shouted "Dead body! There is a dead body right here!" I was amazed from what I heard. I thought, after that commotion everyone will runaway from the source of information but I was wrong. They all joined together and they are all looking at the corpse. Some of them vomits. Well I cannot blame them. The blood of the girl is pouring down from her head. More likely gushing out. I was near the body so the blood that is gushing out of her neck give stains to my white shirt. Here I am, thinking if someone is on their right mind committing this heinous crime in a place full of people, packed with excitement and full of chances that they will be captured. Well, no one saw the killer. I slowly backed away, planning to go home. That murder case ruined my plan of spending 3 hours. It was mere a 45 minutes since I go out and now I'm going home? What am i going to do now.

As I walk, many people were looking at me. My shirt is bloodstained and it attracts attention. Feeling disturbed I look at my watch, it says its already 7pm. Then something caught my attention, on my right hand I was holding a knife, probably the one that I was looking at. Maybe this is another reason people are lookig on me. I was so disturbed at the crime scene earlier, maybe that's why I didn't notice I was holding a knife. You can't blame me, imagine you are looking at the corpse with a slashed neck and blood gushing out. I look, exactly, like a killer now. "Wait, did I just stolen this piece of metal?" I said talking to myself. I don't want to go back there just to return this knife. Since no one saw me stealing this knife I'll just throw it down the river in the bridge up ahead.

When I reached the bridge I, forcefully, throw the piece of metal along with my case of stealing. I continued walking in the dark street near the house. There is none single moment that I didn't think the agonized and surprised faced of the victim. Maybe even she didn't thought that her life woud end there.

Finally, I'm at the front door. There still no people inside. How did I know? well the lock is still there. I entered the house, filled in silence, I go to my bedroom and tried to sleep.

I can't. I'm still reminiscing what happened the night market. "Is it just a dream?" Said to myself. When i think about it, I don't know why I'm calm. I just saw a corpse but I still walk around like nothing happened. My shirt is even bloodstained. I take a look at my watch, it says 9pm. They are still not here. I took off my white shirt with dried blood and put it quickly to the garbage bin. I don't think I can use it anymore nor can look at it with no memories. I lie on my bed, and slowly. Drifted away.....