Silent talks

The cut was not to deep but deep enough to bleed. Pain wheezed through her body. Hazy mist floating down the hard wooden stairs. Grumbling to herself Addison hobbles down the wood stairs into the dark parlour.

The parlour empty and silent. The curtains swayed back and forth in dark. Shadows dance and creep up the walls. Silence fell over the room. Addison walked over to the the rusting window. Peeping over the window sill. She saw a tall dark figure creeping around the front law. The figure threw a butcher knife through the window. Tiny glass shards flung everywhere.

In pain Addison lay weeping on the floor. Her right arm embedded with glass. The knife was thrown on the door of her dear mothers. Hobbling over to the door her right arm completely useless, Addison twisted the door handle with her left hand. Her mother lay peacefully on the fancy embroidered quilt. Baby Gracie slept soundly next to her. All was okay, for now.

Bandaging her right arm in gauze and extra fabric. Sharp pains stung up her arm when she pulled out the glass. Addison's arm was in a cast and her ankle was all bruised up. She went back up the wood stairs to sleep.

Her dreams crowded with pain and fright. Running from monsters and starring at beasts. She was haunted the rest of the night. She could not talk in her horrible dreams. She talked silently. Not a word was heard not even a screech.