They Can't Know

" AND CUT!" the director yells.

"wow..." Sara breathes.

"yeah.." Jessica says back as she grabs a water and takes a swig.

They both knew what one another was thinking. That scene was intense. They hated yelling at each other. They were such good friends in real life, and they hated when they had to get angryat each other.

"I'm sorry" Sara says, feeling guilt for yelling at her, even though she knows that it was Callie yelling at Arizona, not her yelling at Jess.

"Yeah I know, me too.." Jessica sighs.

"Hey my scenes are done for the day, you want to come to my trailer and grab a beer?" (She was one of the few who saw past Jessica's nice-girl facade and knew that she was a beer type of girl)

Jessica thinks to herself. She knows the feelings she has for Sara, but knows that Sara does not feel the same. She decides it probably would'nt be a good idea, she has scenes with Justin to finish anyways.

"I would love to Sara, really, but I have scenes to finish, Shonda will kill me if I don't get them done"

"Hey, I understand! I'll see you tommorow, yeah?"

"Yeah, for sure. Have a good night." Jessica says back.

'Have a good night?' Jessica thinks to herself. 'Ugh,what was I thinking?'

~30 minutes later~

Back at Sara's trailer, Sara has just sat down on the bed with a beer. She's texting Ryan to let him know she'll be home soon, when suddenly she hears a knock at the door.

"Come in?" she says questioningly, because she has made it clear to everybody that knocking is never necessary for her trailer. She has an open-door policy.

"Sara?" Jessica says quietly as she pokes her head in the doorway.

"Hey, what's up?" Sara says with a hint of concern in her voice for Jessica's odd behavior.

"Um, is it okay if I come in?" Jessica whispers.

"Yeah, duh. Why are you acting so weird Jess?" Sara questions.

"Nothing, it's just-nothing."

"Wait, I thought you had scenes to finish?" Sara says.

"I do, I did- I mean..."

"Dude, are you okay?" Sara questions.

Jessica closes the door, fully entering the trailer, then looks to make sure it's locked.

"Are the windows closed?" Jessica asks.

"Yeah, wh-"

Sara's question is broken off by a sudden downpour of tears from Jessica's face.

"Hey, hey, Jess what's wrong?" Sara says with immense concern.

"I-I-" Jessica can't talk, she has a huge lump in her throat.

"Hey, it's okay" Sara says. She places her drink down and walks down the short trailer hallway to Jessica, who is stuck in the middle of the room sobbing into her small hands.

Sara reaches to hug Jessica, but Jessica swipes her hand away.

"Don't touch me" Jessica sobs

"Jess, what the hell? What happened?"

"I- I- you." She manages to say through her tears.

"What? Because I yelled at you? I was yelling at Arizona, not you. I thought you knew that?"