Chapter 1

Ange was clinging onto Fletch's arm practically all the time. He was finding it extremely difficult to concentrate with organizing the wards, waiting for news on Jac (who he was immensely worried about) and trying to convince Ange they would be ok whilst also partially trying to convince himself. The atmosphere on Darwin was full of worry that the two surgeons would return alive and well. Mo had taken all traumas but constantly checking the news for updates, Zosia was staring at the tv and Freida was buried in work. Cameron was worried about Chloe and Nicky was trying hard to make sure Jac would be impressed with her ward when she returns. 

Fletch's phone was full of anxious messages from Evie and Mikey who had seen the news and were worried about Jacula. Trying to put on a brave face Fletch replied and calmed their nerves and comforted Ange when he got news. The plane was on fire. Naylor and Chloe were stuck on the flaming plane with seemingly no where to go. Panic ensued and Ange broke into tears. Fletch's brave face never wavered as he continued to control the ward. The news flashed on tv as an update on the situation popped on the screen. 

"And an update on the flaming airport now, firefighters are at the scene combating the flames and two cardio thoracic surgeons are trapped on a flaming plane, reports show a Ms Jacqueline Naylor is refusing to leave the scene until both the baby and mother are safe. Oh and we have eyes on the scene where someone seems to be emerging from the flames.."

Ange rushed over and Fletch figured if there is anytime to pray it was now. Suddenly a figure emerged from the smoke and Ange sighed in relief and Fletch sighed in exasperation as Jac had ignored the one thing he said 'don't do anything stupid' but Jac always did what was best for everyone else. Holding in her emotions when Jasmine died, putting on a brave front after the shooting...

Fletch's train of thought was interrupted as an explosion erupted from the plane.

The plane with Jac on.