we see ourselves.

"Is this good for you?" Onyx asked me as our group sat at a booth of a Tex-Mex restaurant. "Like, the gap year thing."

"I don't know yet," I sighed, swirling my straw around the pink lemonade in front of me. "It's only been two months."

"Damn," Onyx let out. "It's super weird to think that we won't be going to college together."

"College isn't even all that hard, and you don't even have to know what you're doing when you go," Gia told us. "I changed my major five times, graduated with a business degree, and look what I'm doing with it. I'm a publicist, or whatever the fuck."

"College just isn't for me," Leah said, tucking a section of hair behind her ear. "I think I wanna be a hairdresser or something, y'know? Make people look pretty."

"I wanna be an author. Like, dystopian novels and stuff- the shit you got me into." Onyx looked at me when she said this, and I was surprised to hear that I had an influence on the type of novels she wanted to write. "It's geeky, I know."

"I'd read 'em," Gia said, slowly punching Onyx's shoulder playfully. The two glanced at each other, both mimicking a beet by the face.

"Gap year is fun as of now," I stated. "You guys are with me for now, so...yeah."

I'm the only one with no plan. I'm just a stupid girl taking a gap year. They're all gonna leave me when they realize how lazy and unmotivated I am.

"Let's get out of here," Leah said, getting up from our table. "Sneak into a club or some shit."

"Sneak? Wh-Oh, yeah, you guys are little babies!" Gia teased, her voice rising an octave.

Oftentimes, I forgot that Gia was in her twenties. She was just as short as me and her baby face would lead anyone to think that she had just graduated high school like Leah, Onyx and I.

We walked out into the Las Vegas nightlife, staring out at the blinding lights that could probably disintegrate me if I stood still long enough. It was like you needed sunglasses at eleven o'clock at night. I'd never been in a place like Vegas, and I saw why people adored it so much.

"Pull up your shorts," Leah said as we approached a club on The Strip. "We need a way in."

"Wh-what!?" I exclaimed. "Why the fuck do I have to-"

"You have a nice ass!"

"Fine, but only if you pull your shirt down a little bit," I gave in, pulling my shorts up a little further, probably mere nanometers away from a camel toe.

After swirling shimmery gloss on my lips, I twirled my hair around my finger once we got to the bouncer. Onyx, Leah and I had done this so many times at clubs, it wasn't even funny. Flirt with the bouncer, name the name of a person whom you overheard has a party in the club, the bouncer ogles over your body, barely glances at your ID, (if he asks for it at all) and boom! You got in. It was an old cliché trick, but it worked just fine... most of the time.

"Oh my God, oh my fuck- Ryan Ross," I heard Onyx's shaky voice squeal as she pointed to the floor above us. She's doing the fangirling thing again, oh God.

"No way!" Gia yelled. "It's Panic!"

"Who?" Leah and I asked in unison.

"Panic! at the Disco!" Onyx shrieked.

"Pete's, like, totally into them," Gia said. "I know them personally. We can go up there if you want."

Onyx's face basically became that of this club itself. She smiled brightly, shaking her bottom excitedly.