9| Healing

"The process of healing does not end when wounds are no longer visible„

****

Norman

Today was my day off, I sat in the living room of my apartment with the news playing in the background.

'One person dead, one person severely injured after a deadly pursuit. A 34 year old manhattan resident killed a pregnant woman, ran home being chased by cops where his girlfriend was severely injured. No names have been released at this time'

I stood, watching the news with a very unsettling feeling in my stomach. Today I planned on going to the coffee shop to hopefully see Emmaly, I felt like a stalker but honestly I didn't care at this point. I had to see her.

Emmaly

"Good morning, Emmaly" my nurse said bringing in a wheele chair. "Are you ready for PT?" She asked. I nodded and sat up as she came to my left side and helped me off the hospital bed.

My left leg was still completely numb, I had to have two surgeries on my lower back. A large shard of glass severed a couple nerves in my back which caused my left leg to be almost completely paralyzed. My right leg still worked perfectly along with everything else. I had to have a total of 205 stitches all across my back.

I currently have to stay in the rehab center of the hospital I was taken too. I didn't have any visitors apart from Jenna. She came to visit me every day and even stayed with me some nights so I wasn't alone.

Norman

I made my way to the antique shop after not seeing Emmaly at the coffee shop. When I got to the antique shop I looked inside to see an unfamiliar face. When I pulled the door open they looked shocked. "Where is Emmaly and Jenna?" I asked the women working the cash register. "Emmaly is in the hospital" she said. I looked wide eyed at the woman. "She was the one that was involved with that guys wasn't she" I said almost in tears. The woman nodded and I turned around headed back towards the door.

Emmaly

Jenna and I sat in my room together watched TV. She had fallen behind on the walking dead so we decided to watch that. The door was pushed opened by my favorite nurse. "Hell Emmaly, Jenna" she smiled and brought in the injections for the day.

I pulled over and grabbed onto Jenna's hand and squeezed as she injected the needle into my spine. Once she was done she gave me some pain meds and made he way out. Moments later she stepped back. "There's someone who wants to visit you" she said wiggling her eyebrows at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at her as she waved the person over.

"Norman?" I asked as he stepped in. "Hi" he whispered and closed the door behind him. I pulled my blanket up over my body and looked at him weirdly. "Why are you here?" I asked. "I went to the coffee shop to see you, when you didn't show up I went to your work. Your manager only told me you were in the hospital. As soon as she told me that I ran and looked at nearly every hospital and I had to pay off the nurse to let me come back here" he said still standing awkwardly. "Why did you go through all the trouble?" I asked. "Because I had to make sure you were okay"

"What happened to you?" He asked. Jenna stood up from her chair and sat on the edge of the bed motioning for Norman to take a seat. So I told him the story.

"I was in the shower and heard banging on the front door. I got up opened the door and Will busted through the door shoving me back and into the glass coffee table. A large shard went through a couple nerves in my spine and paralyzed my left leg, I also have like a shit ton of stitches" I explained.

"Holy shit, Emmaly I'm so sorry" Norman said. "It's okay, will went to jail and should be in jail for life. So I'm free, I'm finally free" I smiled and sat back wincing slightly and laid the rest do the way back. "Emmaly, I have to go to work, I'll see you after" she smiled and eyed Norman. "Keep my best friend safe" she said narrowing her eyes at him.

We sat in silence for a minute. Norman's phone started to go off. "I'll be right back" he said and stepped out of the room.

I sighed and sat up carefully. The nurse walked in with a tray of food. "Can I have anything other than hotel food? Like can I go down to the cafeteria?" I whined and watched as she put the tray in front of me. "I'm sorry but you're not allowed to leave, if someone wants to bring you food than you can do that" she said. "I'll go get you some if you would like" Norman said coming into the room.

"No, it's okay" I re-assured and picked up the fork and stabbed it into the cold mashed potatoes. "No, Emmaly I'll go get you food what do you want?" He asked. I sighed and gave in. "Anything edible, This can't be eaten by humans, hell dogs probably wouldn't even eat this" I chuckled.

Norman nodded and handed me his phone with the messages open. I typed in my number and sent myself a message so he had my number. "I'll be back soon" he smiled and walked out of the hospital room.

"Want to do your second round of injections while he's gone?" She asked. I nodded and she left, quickly coming back with the injections. She did then quickly and left after leaving me with some meds.

**Authors Note**

Sorry for the short updates! They will get better!!