CHAPTER ONE

••••••••••••••••••••

CHAPTER ONE: The Beginning

CHAPTER ONE:
The Beginning

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You put the boom boom into my heart (hoo, hoo)
You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain (yeah, yeah)
Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
But something's bugging you (ha-ha,ha-ha)
Something ain't right (ha-ha, ha-ha)
My best friend told me what you did last night (ha-ha, ha-ha)
Left me sleepin' in my bed (ha-ha, ha-ha)
I was dreaming, but I should have been with you instead (ha-ha)"

I groaned as my alarm blared and I silently cursed myself for continuing to have the Wham! song set as my alarm. I peeled off my blanket just as the chorus started.

"Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't wanna miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo"

I quickly got dressed in my school uniform, before throwing my hair up into a ballerina bun. Quietly humming along to the song, I started applying my makeup.

"Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)"

After throwing on my red sneakers, I bounded down the stairs and met my mom in the kitchen.

"Buenos días, wonderful giver of life!" I greeted, pecking her cheek and sitting down on the kitchen counter.

"No, Alessa, you may not skip school to get out of your choir solo." Mom chuckled, putting some toast in the toaster. "But you can go and snap your sister out of her daydreaming."

"Yes, ma'am." I told her, before playfully saluting and scurrying up the stairs again. I burst into Mia's room, causing my twin to jump.

"Alessa! What the hell?!" She exclaimed in surprise. "Don't startle me like that!"

"Well, get your butt in gear, MiMi! It's time for school!" I cheered, plopping down on her bed.

"You're a nightmare, you know that?" She joked, shoving me a little.

"Oh, you love it." I laughed, catching the pillow that she threw at me.

"What's good, Fat Louie?" I stated as my sister's cat jumped onto the bed. The chubby cat settling down by my feet. I scratched its head as Mia threw her shoes on.

"Hey, did you see that fancy limo pass by earlier?" She asked me as she grabbed her backpack.

"No, what did it look like?" I responded, hopping up from the bed. We both made our way down the stairs and to the fireman's pole.