Chapter 1: Who are you?

Lauren's POV

"Sugar, all our sad girls club hoodies are already sold out, can you believe that?" My youngest sister Danielle unexpectedly entered my room.

"Of course that I can believe that, who wouldn't want to buy my simply cute designed clothing?" I threw a wide smile at her.

"But, but what about me? I helped you with that!" I smiled at her frowned expression ever more.

"Okay, we both accomplished that. It's also your credit, satisfied?" She nodded and I put my headphones back on, trying to focus more on my songs I put in the progress and on what I should keep and what I should change. Dani just looked at me and shook her head.

"I hate my life!" I heard someone yelling but I was sure that it couldn't be Dani. Then who it was?

"Dani? Come here!"

"Lauren? What's going on? Do you want me to give you an opinion about your songs?" She acted confused.

"No, be quiet. Can you hear that?" 

"What? You had headphones on and still heard something? Laur, you went crazy! Let me hear these songs of yours, I am sure that you put something distracting into them."

"Dani, I am not crazy and I am not deaf at all." All of sudden, she had nothing to say because she knew about my superior hearing. Honestly, sometimes, I don't get it as well. I mean, how come that I can hear even the quietest sounds which ones my family can't even recognize? 

"Then walk outside and see if you were right." Dani smirked at me.

"You know that I am scared of dark, please come there with me." She nodded and then I tried to concentrate on that sound and follow it. Right after we walked outside, I gasped. There was one girl laying on that cold bench in front of our house. Her clothes were ripped and smelled awfully. But she, she was so beautiful. I hid behind the bench for a second, to hear more of what she was saying.

"I don't wanna live. I freaking hate my life and there is no one to help me. No one to care about me. I can die and nobody will care." She acted like she had depression or something and it was freaking me out. I know that I am such a shy and quiet one but I immediately gain courage in those types of situations which includes help. I must help her, what if she really dies soon?

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I tapped her shoulder and she jumped from fear.

"Uh, nothing. It's not your business. Let me be, regardless nobody even cares about me." 

"Girl, you can't lie. I can see that something is bothering you and I really want to help you." I smiled at her, in hopes, she will tell me the truth. To my surprise, the most talkative person of my family, Dani, just left. She didn't even show interest in helping and left me alone during this dark cold night. Nice.

"I won't tell you anything, I don't know you." She kept staying turned from me.

"Really? Are you sure?" I gently turned her to face me and when I looked directly into her eyes, it was something indescribable. I could see so much curiosity and lust inside them. These gorgeous blue eyes, long black hair, gosh, I stayed paralyzed for a while. 

"Lauren Cimorelli?" She shot her eyes wide open.

"Yes, that's me. So now, if we know each other, wouldn't you mind telling me what's bothering you? Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Well, hold on, are you hurt?"

"I am Millie. And no, I just...don't have to go anywhere." She looked down.

"What? Where are your parents?" I became worried.