Chapter 8: Love can heal

Millie's POV

"Jane, get out of me! What did I do to you?" I could barely say something.

"You killed my father and I am here to revenge."

"Jane, it was for our good, he was dangerous. He manipulated with poisons and killed our mom."

"You want to know why he killed her? He couldn't bear cheating. Remember, our mom had a love affair with a real vampire before I was born. That's why I have these sharp teeth, ready to suck your delicious blood out of your body, see, my red eyes are hungry for some blood." I shivered when she moved her head closer to my neck, ready to bite me as I tried to transform into my wolf form. It was making me angry that she gained this superpower from her biological relative, unlike me.

"What you wanna do now? You want me to stop? Sorry but older people haven't always got power upon younger ones." She said with that devious smirk of hers.

"Jane, sister. I don't wanna hurt you. You want to kill me but I don't. Don't make me to do it." When I said it, she bursted out into laughter.

"Like, really? What would you do to kill me? Innocent human can't kill a vampire, deal with it." All of sudden, she slapped my face and I groaned. I felt my body boiling up, finally.

"But don't you know that vampires are scared of werewolves?" Was the last sentence I said before I gained my wolf form. She just stayed there with her mouth open. I decided to take an advantage and took control over her. I landed on top on her and my claws dug into her skin.

"Good kitty, please go out of me. I promise, I won't kill you." She begged and I let out a silent roar before I turned back into human.

"H-how did you do that? I thought that only I inherited superpowers." She asked, still shaking.

"I fell in love with a werewolf, that's how." I smiled when the image of Lauren came into my head.

"Bu-but, you were just a human all the time. I'm so dissapointed, that's how you wanted to murder rest of our family? I didn't give you a permission to do that, Millie! I wandered years to find you again, yes, I escaped from my orphanange as well and this is exactly what I thought it could happen. I wanted to warn you but I came late."

"Hey, it's okay. I won't kill you anyway."

"Really? But where will we go now? I don't have a home."

"Maybe I can take you to one sweet family, so you can meet with the girl I fell for."

"No way! So, it's a girl? Can I know her name?"

"Her name is Lauren Cimorelli." I smiled as wide as I could.

"Oh shoot." She slapped her forehead. "I had a nice love affair with her before you could steal her heart but it didn't work out, so don't worry."

"Stop talking shit, I don't believe your talks. Lauren would never love you, a vampire."

"Well, she did. She was addicted to my lips, she was an amazing kisser." She couldn't stop provoking me and it was enough to send me over the edge and lead to my werewolf shift once again. We both jumped up in the air and we both crashed into each other. It was like God heard my prayers and sent his anger down to Earth to help me that time. Dark clouds were forming in the sky and soon, lightnings were lightening up the sky, followed by the roaring sound of thunder each time. Even the light breeze changed soon to gale. It was like the entire nature could relate to my feelings. I tried to rip her skin off with my claws but she reflected from the ground once again and flew with me on a majestic tree. There she bit my paw and when she saw that she was over my powers, she harshly threw me down. I was falling so fast from such a high and before I could even realize, I hit the hard ground with so much power. The immense pain immediately surrounded me and I started crying. I couldn't even move, I was sure that my ribs were broken. When I was slowly losing my hopes to stay alive, I saw her. 

"Lauren? I am here, please help me!" I screamed and tried my best to handle the pain. I was shattered and ripped off.

"Are you okay?" She started running towards me and when she reached me, she kneeled down next to me.

"Apparently not, I am hurt. But how did you even find me?"

"You know that even when I would watch the whole world burn, I would think about you. Who did this to you?" She tried to hug me but when she saw my bruises, she understood. I looked up to see that Jane was slowly coming down and closer to us by each step.

"Laur, watch out!" I warned her when I saw that Jane wanted to attack her from behind.

"Jane?" She blurted out as she saw that creature landing next to her.

"Hey Lauren, yes I am Jane, Millie's sister. Do you remember me and the romance we had in the past?" My sister winked at her and I felt more jealous than ever.

"Jane, I thought this was over us. We are done, there is nothing between us anymore. I love just Millie, she is like the missing part of me and she complements me much better like you could. And you know that werewolves hate vampires." I looked at Lauren when she took my hand into hers and after a while, we both became wolves at the same time. To my surprise, I felt healthy again, it was like she could heal. Wait, werewolves can heal each other?

"No, no! Please save me!" She started running away and was about to fly up in the sky.

"Millie, I can't run that fast! This is your time to shine, go get Jane and give her what she deserves!" Lauren snapped out, obviously exhausted. I nodded and tried my best to catch her, to my luck, I grabbed her leg and dragged her down. Soon, Lauren came there as well.

"Please, sister. You can't kill your own sister. Please say mercy on me."

"But I can. You have been ruining my life a lot and I won't let you to destroy my happy relationship with your sister. I want to have a tasty dinner." Was all Lauren said before she killed Jane. 

"How did you do that?" I asked Lauren when we acted like normal humans again.

"How did I do what?" She smiled at me.

"You healed my injury. How?"

"It's called the power of love. It looks like you still have so much to learn from me, my werewolf." She wrapped her arms around me and I kissed her forehead. I feel so save with this girl...