Make You Love Me

A/N:  'ello! I wrote an "ashrald" story! It's a little on the sad side, but that's because I'm still trying to recover from what's happening right now. I was listening to Adele's "I can't make you love me" and it inspired me to write this story. Sarah and Gerald were also my inspirations. How could they not?? Their love story is so magical and so classic that it gives me high expectations to have something close to that. But their story is no fairy tale. We just have to realize that everything happens for a reason. So here's my story! I hope you enjoy it. Don't hesitate to leave a comment or two to tell me what you think. =)

(please press the plus button at the bottom of the 1st page to show the whole thing. page 2 is just a few words. i don't know why it's like that. but yes, just press the + button to extend the whole story. thank you)

-AM

--------

Make You Love Me

One-shot

Sarah had some trouble sleeping and found herself sneaking out of her hotel room to look around the place. It was quiet in the lobby and she asked one of the staff if they could show her where the auditorium was.

"It's closed for the night," the woman spoke.

"Really?" Sarah responded, disappointed. "Can't you open it for just a little while? I want to practice a little bit before my concert tomorrow."

The woman observed the 'want' in Sarah's eyes and sighed deeply. She couldn't say no to the Pop Princess and quickly picked up the phone. "One moment, please. I'll try to contact someone who can open it for you."

"Thank you so much!" Sarah smile happily.

Moments later a male security guard led her towards the auditorium. He stated that he'd wait for her outside until she was ready to leave. She sweetly thanked him and entered the room. It was pitch black which gave it an eerie feeling, but she was able to find the light switches.  She only wanted to light up the stage, so she did. She didn’t need anything else to be lit up.

She stepped on stage and looked at the room full of empty seats. Despite the darkness and the lights above her head, she felt so alive and so at ease. The stage was her world. Her home. It was her playground. And in that playground, she felt like she could do anything she wanted and no one would be able to stop her. No one.  It was where she felt the most free and the most comfortable. She poured her heart out on that stage. If it were ever to be taken away from her, she'd be a  lost puppy. She'd have no clue what to do. It was the only place she was allowed to be completely herself in. She needed that place. She couldn't live without that place just as much as she couldn't live without him.

Sarah stepped closer towards the mic stand in the center of the stage and wrapped her fingers around it. Gently, she closed her eyes, and keys of  a grand piano began to play in her head. The melody sounded so familiar that it gave her goose bumps. It sounded so real. It was part of a song that she’d been playing on her ipod for the past few days. She thought that maybe if she sang it out loud in the place she called her home, maybe it would help her release the emotions she had bottled up.

A few months had past since their separation. It was so unexpected. She never thought something like that would ever happen because everything was going perfectly fine. She didn't think anything was wrong. They were already at the point where they knew each other like the back of their hands. All they needed was an extra push. But unfortunately something had to pull them apart. To this day, she still couldn’t understand why it had to happen. It wasn’t part of the plan.

In the beginning, she didn’t want to believe the feelings that she had for him were true. She was too scared to admit it because she didn’t want to fool herself again. She didn’t want to put thoughts in her head that would manipulate her heart. After her first heart break, she promised herself to never let her heart and mind confuse each other.  She wanted to make sure that whoever finds the courage to enter her life, that he would be the one. That he would be the right guy for her.