Klaus

Stiles had just reached the driver's side door of his jeep when Derek's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Stiles, hold on," Derek jogged over to the human.

"Hey, Derek, what's wrong?" Stiles frowned. He and Derek hadn't planned to see each other until dinner. He'd gotten up early to get in some practice at the range.

"I just wanted to see you before you met up with your captain," Derek reached out, putting his hand on Stiles' arm.

Stiles knew Derek could hear the way his heart sped under his touch.

"Remember what we talked about. If you see her..."

"She'd be proud of me for fighting and she would never talk down to me," Stiles finished.

"Right. And if you start to have a panic attack?"

"Grounding method. Sights, sounds, smells and touch."

"If I could, I'd be right there next to you," Derek's thumb glided along Stiles' skin gently, comforting the human.

"Thank you, I don't know what I'd do without you," Stiles dropped his eyes, as if in shame.

Derek cupped his chin and lifted, "Hey, you'll never have to find out."

Stiles smiled.

Derek had to fight the urge to lean in and kiss Stiles. The temptation was almost too much. He released the human and took a step back.

"I'll see you tonight?" Stiles asked going for the driver's side door.

"Seven sharp," Derek gave a curt nod. He watched as Stiles climbed into his jeep and took off down the road.

He had considered talking to Jeremy about confessing his feelings to Stiles. He was hopeful that Stiles felt the same way. The way his heart raced when Derek would touch him was a good sign, but it could have just been the comfort he provided.

He pulled out his phone to call Jeremy but a sharp pain on the back of his head interrupted him.

-

Derek woke to find himself hung by his wrists. The heavy metal dug into his skin harshly.

"Good, you're awake. I was bored," A voice Derek recognized at Rebecca Mikaelson, spoke.

Derek blinked trying to make out the blonde in front of him. They were in a formal dining room by the looks of it.

"You left New Orleans in such a hurry, I never got to say goodbye," Rebecca was wearing her usual pout.

"Is that what this is about?" Derek asked tugging on the chains to test their strength. He could probably muster up enough to break free but not before Rebecca could get to him.

"Don't flatter yourself, she's already moved on to her next toy," Klaus' voice spoke up then as he stepped into the room.

"Can I go now?" Rebecca crossed her arms in a huff.

"Yes, yes go on," Klaus waved his sister away.

"Sorry about the unpleasantries, but well it's better than the alternative," Klaus grinned maliciously.

"Alternative?" Derek asked though he doubted he wanted to know.

"Well I'd considered letting you bleed out, but I couldn't get answers from you that way."

"Answers, what are you talking about?" Derek really preferred to have this conversation in a more comfortable position but breaking free would only result in something worse, so he stayed put.