Chapter 7: Omen

Y/N's POV

Wait, why am I here? I've never went in this place at all, so how am I here in the first place? I look around to see multiple trees around me and some lights in the distance. I was wearing my mask with my cloak over my head and around my body as I hold on my sword. This all made me confused, but I suddenly heard loud thuds and rapid gunshots.

My body hurried to the location to see what was going on. I could see some gaurds gathering around, a giant creature was there fighting someone. When I arrived my eyes widen when I saw who were the people that creature was fighting with.

"(Why are Sheele and Mine here?)"

Looking around I saw someone else, a girl in a ponytail. She doesn't have any arms but was instead replaced by guns. Both Mine and Sheele were injured in the fight, but Sheele is in a worse condition.

"Koro, finish her now!!" The girl yelled then grinned evilly.

The large creature which I assume was her Teigu seeing her command it grabs Sheele. It's mouth then was wide open and about to eat her as Mine calls her name, this made me filled with raged and without knowing, my vision turned black.

I jolt up from my bed breathing rather quickly and heavily than normal. I then noticed someone sleeping on the side of my bed, it was Sheele. This cause me to sigh in relief. She then slowly open her eyes and stand up, her glasses fell from her face but I managed to catch it. I stand up and placed her glasses back.

"Thanks.... Good morning by the way, it is now my turn for you to train under me, I look forward to working with you." She said bowing.

"Yeah, I look forward too." I smiled.

..........................

In another room, Leone, Najenda and Lubbock are eating fruits while discussing about Y/N.

"Is it all right to leave Y/N with Sheele today?" Lubbock ask taking a bite on his fruit.

"They will be all right. I'm sure Sheele will take a liking on him." Najenda said.

"What makes you say that?" He ask.

"Women are attracted to his charm." She said.

"I'll call dibs on him next!" Leone raised her hand.

"See, he has that natural talent. I could see he is a lady killer." She said.

"Augh! It's not fair, this is just crap!" Lubbock said frustrated.

By the river, Y/N was swimming across it while wearing an armor. He reached where Sheele is and came out of the water panting.

"Man, that's why I don't like wearing armor. This just cause my speed to decrease." He said lying on the ground.

"At least you did a good job on how to swim in armor." Sheele said.

"Even though I'm an assassin why do I still have to learn these things?" He asked.

"It's a requirement for an assassin's curriculum." She said.

"Wow you sure are goob at training people." He said.

"I don't really do any chores or anything than training new recruits. I'm not good at anything but that at all. I'm such an airhead." She said.

"But at least you're good at something, that's what makes you special." He said smiling.

This cause her to smile while a tint of red appears by her cheeks. Her glasses then fell once again and she got on her knees and started searching for it. She then looks up at Y/N which caused him to blushed.

"So how are you able to be an assassin?" He asked him.

When Sheele heard of this, she finally found her glasses and decided to tell him her story. After that the two of them then heard a voice. The two of them gaze at the river and saw Bulat come out while showing off his muscles.

"Why do you have to show up like that?" Y/N said.

In the assembly room, all of them gathered with Najenda sitting down holding the Teigu that Y/N had got from Zanku.

"Y/N, I would like to ask you if you want to use this Teigu. From yesterday, it works well on you until you passed out." Najenda said to him.

"So? Are you gonna use it?" Leone ask.

"..... I've decided I should not. But, can I make a request?" He asked her.

"Go ahead." Najenda replied.

"Whenever we steal a Teigu, can I be the one to keep it? I'm sort of having this thing about collecting Teigus." He said.

"The Teigus that we all collected will be brought to the Revolutionary army, so I'll think about it. But for now, here." Najenda tosses the Teigu at him and he catches it.

He looks at the Teigu with a frown making everyone else observe him. He then puts it inside his pocket and his frown disappears.

"(That look on his face just now, it's different. Like he's hiding something from us.)" Najenda thought.

"Thanks." He then said.

"All right that's all for now, you are dismissed." Najenda said.

It was finally night time and Y/N was by the cliff sitting there looking up at the beautiful sky filled with stars. He couldn't help but smile to himself, his journal was closed in his hands after writing something new in it. While he enjoys the veiw, he felt a presence from behind. He turn around to see Sheele.

"Shouldn't you be going to bed by now?" Sheele asked him.

"I think I don't feel like sleeping for some reason. All I wanted right now is to enjoy looking at these stars." He said looking up.

Sheele approaches him and look up.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Sheele ask.

"Yeah, you know...... When I look at the stars, it's like it's telling me to not give up and do what I want to do." He said.

She remained silent but decides to listen.

"This made me want to reach my ambition more. That's the reason why I acted wierdly this afternoon. I would've tell you guys days ago or later but I decided that I should not first." He said.

Sheele sat behind him and pull him into a hug, this made Y/N surprise but didn't move and smiled.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell us that right now. We can wait for it." She said smiling.

"I know....... But I suddenly have another ambition that I must do first than the first one." He said sitting up.

Y/N then turns around facing Sheele, he proceeds to grab her hand and hold it with his two hands. This made her surprise and flustered.

"I'll make sure to protect you and everyone. No matter what happens to me, I'll do whatever it takes to keep you and everyone safe. That's not just my ambition, but also my promise to all of you." He said with a determined smile.

Sheele stared at him with admiration. She never thought he would act like this, but she just smiled and hugged him once again this time, her head was on his chest.

"Make sure to keep that promise of yours for us." Is all she said.

"I will." He hugged back.

Soon, the two of them head back inside and sleep in their own rooms. But not for Y/N, he place his journal back in his bag and looks out at the window then at the moon. He had a frown on his face, as he held his mask.

"(I'll make sure that dream won't happen. Just like I promised!)"