Chapter 15: Home

My heart pounds, I can't believe I'm gonna do this! Right now, I was in Esdeath's room, sitting on her bed while I wait for her to finish bathing. The running water coming from the bathroom can be heard here.

"(I think what I'm gonna do is really stupid..... Y/N! You do realize that you're going to convince a sadistic general to join you, right? That's almost impossible!! I know, brain, I know!)" I screamed internally.

The shower stopped and Esdeath came out of the bathroom with only a panty and a button up shirt, which I think she purposely made her breasts a bit revealing to me. I quickly averted my gaze from her while clearing my throat.

"Sorry for taking so long." She said with a small smile.

"I think that's a bit revealing, Esdeath. Can you at least button up the upper part?" I said while my cheeks are turning pink.

"What? Don't you like it?" She asked me while leaning closer.

"That's not what I meant!" I blushed.

"You're so adorable when you look like that." She giggled.

"I'm not adorable." I look at her and pout.

"I don't know very much about these feelings. But I guess if I'm with you, it feels nice." She said.

I remember that time when she said those words to me back in the tournament. Maybe I should ask her that to confirm it.

"Uh, Esdeath can I ask you something?" I said to her.

"Go on, to be intimate we must know each other first."

"Do you.... like me?" I asked.

She looks at me in the eyes, then she suddenly leaned towards me and planted her lips against mine. I was utterly caught off guard by this. Esdeath pushed me back lightly and I was now lying on the bed with her on top of me. A second later, she separated and smiled at me.

"If I don't then I wouldn't be doing that to you." She said.

"(Why am I freaking out?!! Since she does like me, maybe I can use that as my advantage to convince her to join me.)"

"You seem to be staring intently at nowhere, do you have something in mind?" Esdeath asked as she sat down in front of me.

"I do, and it would be nice if you can hear me out." I said.

"All right then, I'm all ears." She said.

"You see, the Empire is in a complete mess for quite a while." I started.

"A lot of citizens would agree you to that." She said.

"I'll get to point...... I've been planning on changing this place for the greater good. And I was wondering if you would like to join me on changing it, just think about it. Not only we made the capital a better place but we're also together." I said.

Her eyes were covered by the shadows of her hair as I wait for her response. Then she suddenly slapped me, the frown that she gave me already told me that she disagrees with me.

"You do realize that you're talking to a general of the Imperial Army." She said.

"I know I'm out of my boundaries on saying that to you. But at least think about the lives we could protect and save." I said.

"You don't have to have to worry about that, I'll make sure to protect you and keep you by my side. I know that you're unsatisfied with the life you once have, but when you're with me you don't have to worry about anything." She said hugging me then letting me go afterwards.