God Bless America X Edwin H. Pt 3

"y/n. Baby? Talk to me."

Edwin is sitting on his side of the bed.

The side that had been empty for 3 years.

The side that you dreamed of him being in again for so long.

Ages.

And now that it's actually happened you're not quite sure if you understand.

Edwin was dead.

Those people came to your door and told you directly that he was dead.

Gone.

Never to return.

So how could he possibly be here?

"It just doesn't make any sense bub." You admit.

"What do you mean?"

"How are you...here? Don't you remember anything??"

"I don't- Remember what??"

"Being shot?"

"Y/n what? No."

You lay down and throw a pillow over your face.

You wanna scream because the frustration is way too much to handle right now.

Although you feel blessed to actually have him back, you wish there was a logical explanation as to why and how.

Was he ever even dead in the first place?

Who were you communicating with in your home when he was "dead".

Questions are buzzing around in your head like bees in the spring and suddenly his cold hand is on your thigh which causes you to jump up in fear.

"God, y/n relax!"

Your breathing is heavy and you just stare at him.

How can he be so calm?

"I can't relax Edwin, I thought you died!"

"I'm here baby, how could I have been dead?!"

"it doesn't make any sense." You say once more.

"I'm really confused..."

He's quiet for several seconds and for a moment you want to say sorry because, you know he genuinely wants to help.

"Y/N if I had a logical explanation I would tell you...but, i genuinely have no idea what the hell is going on."

You rub your temples to get rid of the raging headache and in the corner of your eye you notice every single bag that Edwin ever took with him when he left is in the middle of your bedroom floor.

You blink a while and he doesn't even notice because, he's still worried about you.

"Edwin how did that get there."