Chapter 3|| The Strix

-Third-Person POV-

Corrine, (wearing a tank top and mesh shorts for pajamas), is asleep in Klaus's bed, under the covers. Klaus is painting on a canvas, on his easel. He gazes at his pregnant wife. He can hear the baby's slight heartbeat in Corrine's stomach. He smiles a little. He's gonna be a father and wants to protect his wife and their unborn child.

~•~

-St. Anne's Church-

Elijah is punching a punching bag while wearing fingerless gloves, venting his anger out onto the punching bag. The more he punched, the more angry he got as he kicked the punching bag so hard, it flew on the floor.

 The more he punched, the more angry he got as he kicked the punching bag so hard, it flew on the floor

"Something the matter, Elijah?", Hayley asked worriedly, rather sarcastically. Elijah looks at her. "There's nothing you wanna talk about, like the Strix?", she says, holding a invitation card. "I was looking for you as a compelled person handed me the card — "I do hope you visit, old chum, signed Tristian", she says to him. "You mind telling me?"

"It doesn't concern you", Elijah says, walking pass her.

She grabs his arm. "Oh, it does"

She vamp-speeds him to the fighting cage fence. "So, why don't you cut the protective macho crap and tell me what's really going on, I'm apart of the family too Elijah, I thought you would act like it"

Elijah then, vamp-speed reverses, so, now, Hayley is pinned against the fighting cage fence. "So, what do you wanna know?"

~•~

In Klaus's study, Freya is doing yoga while wearing her yoga outfit. After she's stretches her arms, she switches another position.

"What are you doing here?", Klaus asked, walking to her.

"Um, yoga", Freya says to him. "How's Corrine?"

"She's asleep", Klaus says, pouring himself a glass of bourbon. "She needs it"

Freya smiles. "Protective husband, are you?"

Klaus just looks at her with a small smile.

"Seems like we're having a meeting", Hayley says, she and Elijah walks in Klaus's study.

"Oh, good, it's my not-so-loving older brother and my frenemy, how lovely", Klaus says, sarcastically.

"Charming", Hayley says, folding her arms. "Elijah was just telling me about which one of your long-lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you"

"I assume that Elijah has told you about my old friend, Lucien, it seems like that he's a lady witch of his own", Klaus says.

"Who is the witch, did she mention a plot to destroy you because she did, I'm pretty sure...", she says, looking around. "Everyone will be pretty happy about it"