\Empty/

Jack walked up the quiet house. The house was cold and dead, but figured it would be a better scare. Each step he took he got more excited then the last. The golden roses bounced back and forth in sync with Jacks body. Finally reaching the top step, he looked around. Only the bare cold walls, no pictures, no flowers, no tables, not even a carpet. Then his eye caught a familiar door. The door he had walked into so many times. The door he loved so much, that one door was everything. She was everything. Jack took another step getting nervous. He had brought flowers for his friend, it was her 16th birthday. He was gonna surprise her, ask her to be his. The last step he took was the most painful, looking back. He let out a deep sigh from his dry lips. A smile formed on his face as he slowly leaned in to hold the knob. His grasp was pressured on the door knob, as cold as everything else. One last breathe left his body, before he regret everything.

The knob turned, everything seemed to go so slow. The knob felt like ages before it would turn. As he twisted the knob he swung the door open ready to say "Happy Birthday!" But that's not what happened. Before he could say anymore he regret everything. Coming up those stairs. Turning the knob. Opening the door. He felt numb. The sight was painful. A swing, another swing, then a slower swing. A figure swayed. Nothing moved but the figure. Jack crashed to the ground, feeling a pain in his chest that would never go away. There swinging above jack was his friend, Ellie. Her brown long hair swayed as long as her lifeless body.

Her face purple, her neck stained red from the blood and nail marks. His leg brushed against the chair. The one she had sat on only a few moments ago. He could tell this happened recently, she was still swinging. He put his hand to his ears and stared at the ground. Drip. Drip. Drip. The drips got faster as more tears rolled. He slowly looked up at the swinging body. Tears still wet on her face. Her head slightly tilted down word. He noticed blood on her hand, he slowly walked over to the body and held up her hand. His stained tear cheeks stiffened. He froze in his place. As he lifted the dead hand her sleeve fell to her elbow. Revealing multiple cuts and bruises. His breathing became heavier and harder. Every breathe that left his body was a breathe he regret. He once again fell to his knees in guilt and shame of what he saw. Sobbing like a baby.

Jack finally got the strength to call an ambulance. The police and his family drove over. Ellie's family got informed about the situation and started to fly back down for a funeral. It took jack so long to get himself together that the sun already started to disappear.

His paralyzed body still sat on the floor sitting in a puddle of tears. The doctors took Ellie away. Jack's mother finally arrived, she placed her dark hand into his. "Where's dad?" Still paralyzed his gaze never changed from the nocked over chair. "He's at work sweetie.." her voice was soft and shallow, it bounced off his ears clicking his brain immediately. His gaze finally shifted to his mom. Her dark skin so fragile, her eyes a green glowing color. Her brown waves had a fade of orange from the sun. Her body lifted up, her hand was held out for him to take. Jack took the best option, the only option. He put his hand in her cold hand. His mother embraced him in a gentle and comforting hug. That's when he broke down.

Sobs soaked his mother's shirt. "S-she's gone.." he stuttered barely even being able to say what he just said, not wanting to believe it. Her hand ran threw his soft hair and she shushed him in a loving way. A chocked sob came from the boy. "Let's get home ." A forced smile placed on her face as she wrapped an arm around his shoulder and led him to the door. He almost fell down the stairs from how weak he was. He still felt empty, the pain was unbearable. He couldn't handle it.

They finally made it home, jack tripped and stumbled next to his bed. His body gave up. Collapsing to his knees the streams came out, staining his cheeks and stinging his eyes. The weak boy stuck his nose between his knees and cried like a little kid. His hand went from his sides to his head. His fist clenched his curly hair. Slowly, still water streaming down his face, he removed his shirt and put on a big oversized one from the floor. He crept his legs in blue plaid pajama pants. But still weeping. His breathe became steady again, but he still felt empty. The sheets covered his face as he focused on breathing. Breathe in, breathe out. He repeatedly told himself, hoping it would help. It did, after his world drifted off into oblivion.

***

Waking up was a pain, jack didn't even know if he was awake. His cheeks were stiff and very uncomfortable. His head pounded, like someone took a rock and smashed it in his head. He finally removed the covers from his head slowly. But tears slipped back in his eyes when he saw his friend hanging from his ceiling fan. Jacks eyes slammed shut as he murmured quietly and quickly to himself. "It's not real it's not real! It's not real." His voice got louder and quicker as he kept saying it. Her body swayed back and forth. "Hunny?!" He heard a familiar voice from across the room. It only made his pace worse. A cold hand like yesterday's placed on his shoulder. Jacks body got brought to another one. "Baby, calm down." His mothers voice said into his ear. Jack soon became steady and could control himself. Her ice cold hands moved to his warm cheeks. Her fingers brushed against his jaw line. He slowly opened his eyes. The pain crept up and stung his salt watery eyes. Jacks eyes met the deep brown eyes in front of him. "Sweetie, I know your not ready to hear this but...we're moving to a different house.....I know it's hard, especially after yesterday-" jacks mind got lost, once again. He stopped listening to his mother. The blanket walked up his back and over his head. Choked sobs could be heard from the blanket. Jacks mind was lost, he wanted to die. "Just end it" he told himself.

Chaos went down finally. Coldness consumed himself. "Just end it-...."
And with that jacks eyes fell down. Closing. As his world slipped into a fantasy, he could not control..

Authors note-

New book!

Go check out this beautiful author
littlelemmmontowns
She's a new author publishing her first book
Please go some support on her profile!