\Slipping/

His world felt dead, like no one was there. He tried not to give in, but he couldn't stop his mind from believing.Everything was black, was he dreaming? His eyes slowly opened. It felt like reality, but he wasn't sure if it was. He was back in his bedroom. Everything was dead silent, which isn't surprising. Jacks icy legs fell off the bed. The once warm blanket was now gone. All he felt was silence and pain. Something was wrong. He was already at his door way when he heard a crash down stairs. His speed got faster, worry filled his body. Sliding down the hallway he couldn't slow down and ripped his skin open with the corner of the rail. Pain shot to his hip, the skin was ripped open. The tender flesh underneath was now exposed. He didn't have time to look at it when he heard a scream and glass shattering. "Mom?" He called out, his foot would go in front of the other, almost slipping from the speedy movements his body took control of. Jacks body was now near the door way of the kitchen. He stopped in his tracks when he saw blood, lots of it. A shattered bottle appeared out of the corner of the island. Grunts and heavy breathes came from every corner. Jacks world fell into pieces, he already knew what was happening. His eyes pierced with shock, his heart broken more than it was. He didn't care if his father would see him, all he cared about is his mother.

His socks let him glide over to his mother. "Mom?" He shook her for her to wake up. His knees slowly dropped in the blood of his mother. "Mom.." he couldn't say it clearly anymore, his voice got shaky from the tears streaming down his red rosy cheeks. His mind jumped place to place.

He slowly turned to his dad in fright. "Did you do this to her?" Jacks socks socked in the crimson liquid. It clung to the skin making everything feel uncomfortable. He finally got his feet below him and could stand properly. He couldn't control himself anymore. Something took over, not depression, not anger, not rage, not like that. He had never felt this before. It was terrifying to him. Dragging his feet he dragged the blood with him. "Boy, you shouldn't be here. Go to your room!" His dad said to him. "Dad-" he looked his father up and down examining him and his rage. He wasn't his dad, no where close. "Who are you ?" Jacks voice shook. "I said go to your room!" The mans grip on the bottle got tighter. Jack didn't notice until late. As his words tried to come out of his dry mouth his brain had no thought. No time could help. The strength of the mans arm smashed over jacks head. The glass busting and flinging outwards. Jacks world soon starting fading. He started floating again. His body falling, he landed with a thud. His head fell to his right, seeing his mom. Her dark brown hair turning a sticky red. His ear slowly touched blood. "I love you.." is all he heard, then he woke up.

***

He was of course again, in some place he felt unsafe. His mind flowed with questions and curiosity when the dream splashed in his brain. He put his elbows on his knees and took in everything that was going on. Or at least tried.

The smell of fresh sizzling bacon filled the room. The first instinct was to follow it. So he got out of the strangers bed and waddled over to the doorknob. One breathe in through his dry mouth, and another out of his nose. The creek of the hinges made him uncomfortable, or at least more uncomfortable than he was. He was greeted by a very short hallway. There were light brownish walls and a door on his right. Which by the image through the small crack seemed to be the bathroom. His body followed down the path of the hallway. Now he stood in what seemed to be the living room. "Hey sweetie." A sweet voice echoed to him. Filled with relief he went up to her. Coffee in her hands, sweater rapped around her, and her hair in a messy bun. She looked great. How? "Hey mom?" He looked around the place, searching for the only person he wasn't sure where he was. "Yes?" She said taking a sip of her hot coffee. "Where's dad?" He said now making eye contact after not seeing his father. He knew it was a bad question, cause his mom almost choked and spit out her coffee. "Mom, where's dad?" Her dark hand touched his cold pink hand. "Sweetie, I have bad news." Jacks heart fell, completely fell. All the way to the bottom. It just felt like he was choking on it. He wasn't dead, is he? He thought. But he didn't know for sure. He believed it could be that he just had to leave for a trip or something right..? "W-what happened?" He had trouble getting anything out. He didn't want to go through this again. It can't happen. No. Please no. Her mouth went so slow as he heard exactly what he didn't want to. "Jack, he got into a plane crash. Your dads in the hospital-"