\Damn hospitals/

Beep beep beep

A steady beat that bounced in jacks head. Jacks hand was filled with another cold present. A hand in his own. Jack didn't dare to look at the person infront of him, even though he knew it would be best. "You know you were the closest thing I had to a dad." Jacks light voice said to his unconscious dad. "I want to thank you for that." A sigh left his dry lips and a pain in his heart and a memory in his mind slipped and made the boy only sob more. "My real father left me, but you were there. You came and picked me." Jack wanted to say more, but didn't have the time. He couldn't say anything more, when the beeping raised. It wasn't steady. No where close. It beat so rapid jack didn't have time to react. The doctors shuffled in. Jacks was pushed out, but he struggled. "No! Dad." Jack wanted to see him one last time. Tell him how much he appreciated him. But he realized he never could and never would when the beeping was never heard again.

***

Jack sat in the car. He couldn't speak. All he did was stare out the window. He acted as nothing in his mind went on but it was a jungle inside. Buildings passed, houses, trees, fields, and then a school. Jacks chest tightened at the look of the front door. "Bye sweetheart." His moms shaky voice said in his ear. Jacks hand reached the cold handle and swung open the door without a word to his mother. He didn't blame his mother for his fathers death. But he was still confused about everything. How do you describe it? Broken? Broken is how jack felt. In a week, two of his loved ones died and he was there to see it. The car door slammed shut as his bag slipped over his shoulder tugging on his jacket. He kept his head down, his hands in his pocket, and never spoke. He was almost to his locker and didn't feel right. Something was wrong. He hasn't seen the boys. The three people he hated the most. Chris, the idiot of the group, never makes the right choice. Adam, the handsome bitch, always getting the ladies. But Adam was the drug dealer, the trouble maker, always getting in fights, and all black. The last one would leave Mason. Mason, handsome, smart, and cruel. This little red head was the popular one, the bully to the less populars. But let's not be cliche here, he was more broken then anyone could be. He was just better at hiding it then the others.

They usually see him by now but they were no where to be seen. Jack got his locker and right as he opened it, his locker slammed down crushing his fingers. A loud crack was heard from the lockers. Pain filled his fingers, wincing he removed his fingers from the slammed locker and held it in his other hand. Mason wasn't laughing, he seemed more mad than anything. But the other two boys couldn't stop giggling. Jacks fingers were definitely broken. But of course mason couldn't get enough. A grip on jacks hair made him shot up. And just like that a fist to his face smacked against his nose. The three boys fled off and left jack. He had his hand tucked to his chest and on his knees. Taking his other hand and lifting it up to his nose, he took it off feeling his fingers wet. But before he could make another move, his world blacked out.

Jack was floating again, he was floating in nothing. Everything was black. But he heard faint talk. A voice that sounded familiar. That wasn't the only voice. There was a deeper voice, one that he had never heard of. His eyelids slid open and he sees his mom talking to a man in a white coat. "Mom?" His mom looks at jack and smiles. "Hey sweetie!" Her eyes are filled with tears. Jack try's to use his hands to sit up but a jolt of pain hits his right fingers. He looks down as there is a cast around his hand. "What's this?" Jack says looking at his mom. "Your fingers are broken jack. Don't you remember?" He furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Remember what?" Jack looks at his hand. "Never mind, wanna come with me to check out the new house?" Jack looks up. "Yea sure.." he gets off the bed. "Take it easy jack." The man in the white coat says putting a hand on his shoulder.

***

The car ride home was silent. Jack pretty much spent that time trying to get used to the cast that was tightly wrapped around his hand.

The car stopped, jack shot up awake. He sat there confused, "I don't remember falling asleep" he said to himself.  "Come on!" Jacks mom said opening the door for him. The cold breeze hit his face. He looked at his mom and then at the new house. It was huge. Fancy windows. A beautiful roof design. And even a window that could go to the roof. And it also looked like there was a balcony. "How can we afford this?"

"Your father was a big business man jack." His mother responded walking in front of him. "Go on in, pick your room. I already picked the one in the top floor the right of the stairs." He put his hands in his pocket and walked in. The place was huge, a staircase that curved with elegant railing. A kitchen as big as his old house itself. The living room had windows that filled the whole wall. He opened a screen door that lead out to a dried pool.

Walking up the staircase everything started to get ten times creepier. He saw a room the right to the staircase. It had a massive closet. And a place to sit around the middle. He kept walking he found a room at the end of a hallway. It had a narrow roof. It led into another room. The first part of the room had the window that could open and go on the roof. He started walking into the other room. It started to get really dark out of no where. This room was really cold. Jack walked back into the other room. But walked all the way downstairs when he heard a crash followed by a scream that pierced his ears.