Hiding Things

Even he is a bad boy, if you like him, then you are going to fine his good behavior. That was what happened to me.

Andrea would do that. I didn't understand what she was thinking about a guy who was approaching her. She always said that he must have good behaviors on his. I just rolled my eyes and listened to her talks.

He was Martin. He knew Andrea because Andrea met him on a concert. Martin helped her when she lost her wallet and Martin got her wallet by helping her and asking to everyone and of course the lost and found officer. After that, her relationship with Martin was getting closer.

One day I caught Martin talking to a girl and it was very intimate. I didn't know who she was and I just paid attention on their movement. I never talked to Andrea about this occasion because I didn't want to break her happiness.

Andrea never told me personally about Martin, in fact I was her closest friend. About me and Andrea, we met at our writing community. We loved to share some books and stories we made. Then all changed when she met Martin.

I didn't know because Andrea and Martin had something in common.

One day, Andrea had ever asked me.

"Why are you so quiet, Lara?" She asked in concern.

I just sighed and shrug.

"Lara?" She now looked at me deeply.

"I am very sorry if I have to say this, but I don't feel good when you and Martin are getting closer." Finally, with one breath I said to her.

She threw her face and became quiet. I stared at her behavior and felt sorry at that time.

"I am very sorry, I don't mean to hurt you, but I just don't feel good..." I said one more time and held her arm.

"It's okay Lara. I do understand about your concern. You really worry about me, but I'm pretty sure that I am very okay with him." She saw me and smiled. From her voice I believe she got something that I didn't know and understand.

"I have to go. I have to meet him..." She said and left her coffee. She didn't drink it at all. Perhaps, she still think about my words, and now I felt so sorry because I hadn't spoken to her for at least 1 month.

***

"Andrea!!!" I shouted a lot and woke up from my sleep. My body was full of sweat and I did realize that I had just got my bad dream. It was hard to breath but I immediately drank the water that I put on the table beside my bed before I went to sleep.

There was something wrong happen. I was very sure that I immediately called Andrea at that time. When I saw my cellphone, there were a lot of messages and missed calls. I opened all of them and I got some messages from the unknown numbers and so did the missed calls. I called the unknown number and it was a man.

"Hello... who is this? I am sorry but you called me for at least 10 times this night." I said when I heard hello.

"Lara, thanks God. I really need you. Can you come to the hospital near the place you sometimes hangout with Andrea?"

"Yes, but who is this?"

"I am Martin. Please, can you come now?" I frowned and some questions suddenly appeared on my mind.

"What happened? You seem so panic." I said after all, I could hear his hard breath.

"Just please..." He pleaded.

"I'll be there right away."

***

I saw Martin sitting beside Andrea's bedroom in the hospital. When I reached the room which Martin told before I came here, I didn't know what to do. I just stared at my best friend from the outside through the window then I felt my tears drop.

What happened?

"Lara..." I didn't realize that Martin had been beside me. He hugged me and I lost the hug quickly.

"What happened?"

"She got crash with a car. I even didn't know what she had done in this middle night." Now, Martin held his head and he was in his frustration. I held his shoulder and tried to calm him down.

"Shall we go for coffee?" I asked him and he nodded. Before I and Martin went to the coffee shop, he stopped his step and stared at Andrea for a minute. I could see his sadness and he blame himself.

He told me everything about Andrea. How he loved Andrea too much. On the other hand, I saw him like a real bad guy, full of tattoos, his impolite words and some of his body which full of rings.

"Don't worry, it is only impermanent tattoos." I was shocked by his words and I immediately realized from my daydreaming while I was staring at his body.

"Hmm, no, I mean..."

"No, it is okay, Lara. Perhaps, you are wondering about me. I'll tell you later when there are no people at all here..." He smiled and chuckled and drink his last gulp of the coffee.

"But, really, I am sorry I don't mean to stare you like that..." I, one more time, apologize to him.

"No, it is alright. Shall we go back to Andrea's room?" He asked and I nodded.

When we reached the room, we saw some nurses and a doctor around Andrea's bed. Good news was Andrea had conscious. I and Martin ran and entered the room and asked a lot of questions and suddenly a nurse tried to close our way and said, "Please calm down, she is very stable..." we felt relieved.

***

Two months later.

After the accident which happened to Andrea, all the things had changed. The things that specifically happened to me was the truth that finally I accepted Martin to be Andrea's boyfriend.

Martin truly loved Andrea that was what I saw. He never leave Andrea since Andrea left the hospital. He always came in the morning and at night even though Andrea had been taken care by her mother and me. They need their own time and I felt so guilty when I saw their romance. I blame myself not to trust Andrea just because she just wanted to be with Martin in the previous month.

In fact, I also blame myself because I only judged people by their cover. Martin was truly like a bad guy, but in fact that he was a police who was undercover for the drug seller. He had to be someone who could be mingled among the drug seller and the drug user. Of course, it was a fully dangerous job. He had to stop it, because the fact when he did that, Andrea became a victim after all. A drug seller knew that Andrea was close to Martin and found out that Martin was undercover then the accident happened.

"Your delivery is coming..." I whispered to Martin and he nodded. He then approached the courier and said thank you.

"Oh my God, thank you..." after I saw Martin immediately gave a big bouquet of roses and lily, Andrea's favorite flowers.

Oh my God, what should I say for them?