The Problem

Courtney Miller is the head cheerleader at Smosh High School and she is the most popular girl at school. She is dating the captain of the football team, Damien Haas. In everyone else's eyes, Courtney seems like the perfect girl. But what if she wasn't so perfect. Courtney's best friend is Olivia Sui. Courtney and Olivia have been best friends since they were five and were inseparable. They still are. They are on the cheerleading squad together and have all the same classes. Olivia also comes over to Courtney's house every night. After the big football game that occurred tonight, Damien walked over to Courtney.

"Hey babe," he said, "you did a great job cheering me on."

Courtney forced a smile on her face, "you played amazingly. No wonder we never lose."

Damien put his arm around Courtney as the started to walk off of the field. His touch made Courtney fidget and she gave him another forced smile.

"Do you wanna come over later tonight?" Damien asked as they made their way into his car to drive to their homes.

Courtney sighed, "I would love to, but Olivia and I already made plans tonight."

Damien rolled his eyes. "It's always you and Olivia. You're dating me, not her. You shouldn't be spending all of your time with her".

"She's my best friend, I don't get what the big deal is!" Courtney stated.

Damien sighed as the car pulled into Courtney's driveway. "Nevermind, I guess I'll just see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, babe." Courtney replied.

After a few hours of being home, there was a knock on the door. Courtney rushed to the door and opened it.

"Hey Olivia!" She said with a smile.

"Hey Court!" Olivia greeted.

The two girls picked out a movie and made popcorn for their sleepover. They were on the couch and as the movie went on, they kept scooting closer to each other. At one point, Olivia's hand brushed against Courtney's as they grabbed popcorn out of the bucket. Courtney felt her cheeks start to get red when she brushed her hands against Olivia's. Courtney then lifted her gaze from their hands to Olivia's eyes. Olivia turned to Courtney and started to lean in. As the two girls were about to kiss, Courtney pulled away.

"What are we doing?" Courtney asked.

"I thought we liked each other," Olivia responded.

Courtney sighed, "I thought we already went over this. What you and I have is special and a secret. We both know we like each other, but it just gets harder to handle every time we kiss. It's what my heart wants, but I can't have it."

"Why not?" Olivia asked, "I like our kisses and the feelings you give me."

"We just can't be together," Courtney protested, "I'm dating the captain of the football team and I'm the head cheerleader. What do you think everyone will think when they find out who I really am."

"You never know until you try," Olivia responded.

Courtney smiled at Olivia, "you know no matter what, I love you, right?"

"I love you too, but I am done hiding us. If you want me, you need to prove it." Olivia said with a stern tone as she left Courtney's house.

The next day after cheerleading and football practice, Courtney went over to talk to Damien.

"Damien," she started to say, "we need to talk. I don't feel excited or interested in our relationship anymore. You're an amazing guy, but it just doesn't seem right. I think we need to end this."

Damien gave Courtney a puzzled look. "Why all of a sudden would you bring this up?"

"There's someone else. Someone else who means the whole world to me and I don't want to ruin it," Courtney replied.

Courtney brought in Damien for a hug, "I'm sorry." She rushed over to the cheer station that was set up to grab a microphone. When Olivia was about to leave, Courtney wanted to prove to Olivia they could be together.

"Olivia Sui," Courtney said into the microphone, "will you be my girlfriend."

Olivia turned to look over Courtney's way and rushed over to her.

"Yes!" Olivia exclaimed.

The two girls kissed, proving that their love was stronger than their fears.