A Tour?

CHAPTER THREE

Mal and Evie awoke curled up together in Mal's cushy bed. The scene was cozy and picturesque, save for the loud banging emanating from their heavy oak wood door. 
Groggily both girls sat up, wiping their eyes and cringing at each others breath, "God get some toothpaste in that gob, girl," Mal groaned, pushing Evie's face away lightly. Evie giggled, getting up and pulling open the heavy door; her sleepy muscles firmly resisted the offensive weight of the door.

On the other side stood Jay and Carlos.

"Where have you two been?"" Jay asked, concern etched in his voice, "You completely missed breakfast."
At the mention Carlos held out two warm croissants wrapped in blue, Auradon napkins and placed them in Evie's hand.

Evie nodded graciously and gave her thanks before inviting the boys in.

"What do you mean?" Mal said, rubbing the sleep from her eyes and stretching her arms above her head and she tried to wriggle away the sleepiness.

"It's like 11. We came to find you guys," Carlos responded, raising his eyebrows. "Are you guys ok?"

"What?" Evie screeched just then, a horror-stricken look now plastered across her face, visible in the reflection of the mirror she stood in front of, attempting to plait her hair. She spun towards the boys, arms draped over her head as she held the braid in place, preparing to berate the boys, "We're this late and you're only just coming to get us?!" Evie said, panic very much evident.

The boys just stood speechless, dumb expressions on their faces, "Yes?"

Evie slapped his shoulder with her free hand retreating back into the room, before Mal magically slammed the door and the get-ready race began; they were against the clock.

Both girls now wide awake and putting makeup on, swapped out their brushes for their fingers to do the job; much more efficient, says Mal.
Evie's hair was now in two dutch braids and she had somehow conjured up a quintessential-Evie outfit out of thin air; a plaid, blue mini skirt, white t-shirt, red sweater vest with matching red heeled mary janes.
Mal had her hair tumbling down her back as Evie did a once over with a hairbrush. She was wearing one of Jay's grey Tourney hoodies, though it concealed a white, short-sleeved oxford shirt, and a lilac pleated skirt, very similar to Evie's (she was the designer, mind you), and some chunky, heeled black loafers.

They stuffed the croissants into their faces, manners competing with the likes of Jay and Carlos.

"Oh by the way Fairy Godmother said you two had until 11:30 before the new kids arrive and are to be greeted by us," Carlos said nonchalantly as he flicked though one of Evie's design books, lying back flat on Mal's bed.

"What?!" Evie yelled once again, though this time it was muffled by the foaming toothpaste in her mouth as she frantically brushed her teeth.

"She also said 'Do Not Be Late!'," Jay snickered, mimicking the fairy's voice whilst he leaned back in one of the desk chairs and threw a magic articfact of Mal's to himself.
Mal snatched it off of him, muttering to herself about getting himself killed with reckless stupidity - it was evidently not a light-magic object.

"What time is it may I ask?" Evie seethed as she walked back into the room from the bathroom.

"11:20" Jay said after checking his watch, before an alarmed expression dawned on his face, "We have to go."

"Yeah, no shit mate," Carlos sniped, grabbing Evie's bag, while Jay did the same with Mal's

The four were suddenly sprinting out of the dorm; Mal still wearing Jay's very-much-oversized tourney hoodie, though both her and Evie's faces were done to perfection as per usual. From behind Mal, she heard a grunt as Carlos hit the wall due to the speed at which they were travelling, and laughed out loud as Jay did the same in front of her.