Chapter 4

"How could you not tell me he was moving back?" I face palm myself, of course he moved back, he always said he would. Just never exactly when. 

Every time I feel as if things have gotten better, something bad happens. Although some people would say my Dad moving back was a good thing was a good thing, I knew it wasn't. He was bound to start trouble one way or another, it's just what he thrives to accomplish in my life.

Some would also say I'm being dramatic. Having your Dad move back to town with a new family, bloody hurts, deeper than the average family problem.

"I wanted it to be a surprise", My Mother faked a smile. 

I have lived with her my whole life, looked up to her and made it my mission to make her proud. I think I'd know when she was sad about something.

Not only is my Father moving back with a new wife and kids. It's my Mothers ex-husband. I know she has to be hurting. But I also know my Mum likes to put on a brave face and tonight she'll be masked like never before. 

Dressed in a floral knee length dress,fitting her curves with an red apron tied around her waist, I watch her make a mad rush around the kitchen attempting to cook dinner.

Her hair was nearly pulled back into a ponytail, neither of having any skills when it came to fidgeting with each others hair. 

"No, need to dress up for him Mother, he's already got a new family. We don't want to encourage the old one. Do we now?"

With her cheeks flaming crimson, she swatted harshly at me with an old dishwasher rag. "Skylar, watch your mouth." She sniffled before continuing to set the table. "I know he hasn't been around much, but he's tr-".

I laughed dryly, "He's trying? That's what you were going to say right?", I questioned. Of course she was going to say that. Only she would choose to believe that, after all this time, and I've had enough of making excuses when it came to his mistakes. 

"Clean yourself up for dinner, would you?"

Fuck no.
---------------------------------------------
Sitting across from my Father I am dressed in a nice pair of freshly washed jeans and a black and grey flannel, with my hair curled to the side.

"So Skylar how's school going?", he asks smiling.

I chew on my undercooked broccoli quietly and shrug.

"Your in grade 11, now are you not?"

"Yes, I am in grade 11 now, although
you think you'd know that being my Dad and all."

Silence filled the room awkwardly as I finished the rest of my dinner.

"So are you good at babysitting, because we'll sure need one of those soon", Sarah, my Fathers wife giggled, attempting to break the silence.

I looked at her up and down. She had bleached blonde hair, slightly wrinkled skin and she wore a black ankle length Summer dress.

Overall she looked like an over enthusiastic live barbie doll, with an irritating perky personality.

"Yeah, no. Never going to happen."
My mum kicked my leg harshly, under the table along with a glare, earning a scowl from me, in return.

"What do you do for a living?", My Mother asked politely.

"I'm a make up artist", she answered.

So she had qualifications of a make up artist, yet still couldn't apply it on herself without looking like a two year old using crayons for the first time?

I looked her up and down. I never thought my Father would let his expectations sit that though. Seriously how could you peel yourself away from a beautiful women, like my Mother, to crayon artist over here?

Collecting the plates, after dinner he made sure to shove a cheesy grin in my direction, causing my body to stiffen.

I sometimes wish I grew up with a nice loving, peace making Dad who attempted to embarrass me when my friends would sleep over or act protective over my dates. But there's nothing I could have done to make him stay, back then. I just wish I could've seen that growing up, instead of blaming myself.

When the clock stroke Ten they decided it was time to leave, to my excitement.

"So Skylar, maybe you and I could maybe go bowling or something on the weekend?", he smiled.

I laughed harder, then I should have, causing his cheeks to flush.

"I'm not Ten anymore."

"I was only suggesting, maybe lunch instead?"

Anger began to course through me. First Trevor this morning, now him? Who the fuck do they think they are trying to over rule me?

"Let me make this clear", my Mother wrapped her arm around my waist trying to hold me back. "We do not nor will ever have a normal Father and Daughter relationship. And have a guess who's fault that is? Definitely not fucking mine!"

His presence even being in this room makes me feel a mixture of both angry, to think he could walk in like nothing happened and Sad, knowing that he's finally here after all these years.

"God damn it Skylar! What do you expect me to do? Just tell me how to make this right...I'll do anything, Bub", he pleaded.

'Bub', was what he used to call me, before he left. Doesn't he get it? I can't even stand to look at face right now.

"I will not allow you to slither your way back into my life like nothing happened", I spat. "Leave me the hell alone."

There's so many hurtful things on the tip of my tongue, but I decide against it. Why should I hurt him with words, when he made me feel pain that I can't place.

I scurried up the stairs, ready to break.

"She'll come around, soon enough. Just give her time", I heard my Mothers soothing voice echo through the doorway, through the window.

"Okay", was all I heard before drifting into a torturous sleep.

"All you had to do was Stay", by Taylor swift is the song of the chapter!

Ily all. Inbox me for a chat xx.