Prelude to the War

Introduction

For at least 47 years, Earth seeked revenge for all of the misfortunes and death which it's red cousin, Mars, has done to her. Right now, she will get her revenge on the date of 2/27/2016. For all which to happen in this story will be retellings from both lines of a 2-3 year long war. All documents which were recovered from the Initial Operation Enigma, all the way to the Surrender of Mons. This will not be for the faint of heart, so if you are easily shaken up, stop reading.

So, let us begin.

Before the War

Right after the First Martian War, the entire Earth's Infrastructure was destroyed in a matter of 2 Weeks. With over 150 Million dead, there had to be a plan in action to try and save the Earth's population. This problem will be solved by the reversed engineered technology called Terra Tech. Terra Tech, or Terraforming Technologies, had a unique attribute of turning the now destroyed, arid lands of U.K, Great Plains and multiple other high food places, and turning them into swathes of fertile land. This solved the food problem, but the other issue was energy consumption throughout all of these events. A bright young American mind by the name of Rudolph Gregster, developed the first ever Fusion reactor, creating enough power to generate the entire East Coast for 50 years before refueling. His schematics was then sent towards the world, powering new factories for us humans to rebuild from. By 1985, the entire world was flourishing from all this technology, and by 1990, we were mining Asteroids for more material to make our moon bases.

All of this was good and all, but there were still concerns, namely another invasion from the Martians. So over the decades, every military used this technology to amp them up. We harnessed the power of the Atom for more Nuclear weapons, armed Spaceships with cannons able to penetrate a nuclear bunker from 50 miles above the surface of the planet, soldiers wearing powered exo suits to enhance their speed and strength alongside a magnetically powered caseless rifle. There is still so much to cover of Military Technology, but this will be all for now. Now, journal entries for the Martian records we were able to recover in one of their libraries and first hand accounts. It has been agreed upon that after the invasion happened, the Martian Government withheld the information for over 10 years before releasing it into the public. Even still, they withheld information on how the Martians were defeated and that they left their technology on the planet. With these lies, the Martians started to gear up for a 2nd invasion, but this time for them, it would be all or nothing. This was because the 1st Invasion drained ½ of all their resources, so the 2nd one would be the last one, and if they were to fail, their entire population of Martians would surely starve to death.

In 2003, the Earth Republic intercepted a Martian transmission which was a military exercise where they were to fire Heat Rays at the closest Space Station Colony. The closest Space Colony was Lazarus. 3rd Fleet of the Earth Space Fleet was assembled and met up with Station Lazarus. When the supposed Martian Fleet arrived, they were similar to Iron Airships with a green esk eyes. 3rd Fleet engaged and won the battle, but not before jamming signals from Mars so no report can be given for Martian reinforcements.

This will begin, the Great Crusade.