questions 質問

a few hours passed and he sat on the side of the bed while i sat on the end. he stared at me in shock. "so... you're a ghost, and you have had to be in this room for all these years?" a sigh leaves his lips as he looks down at his shaking hands. "that must of been so difficult... i'm so sorry." i attempt to hold his hands, but my hands fall through his. "oh." i retract my hands and sit further away again. "it's fine, it's not like it's your fault i'm stuck here. hehe..." i attempt to joke.

"i um, found the note you left that day... i felt like everything fell apart the second i found out what happened to you." he avoids eye contact now, pulling out a folded note out of his pocket. "i have kept it with me. it was proof you existed... proof you were my friend even for a day." 

i look at his features, he seems older, which makes sense, he is in his 20s now. i try change the subject, "so what have you been doing recently? got a job? you in university?" i do my best to smile, but it was difficult after not smiling for years. he finally looks back up. "well, i'm in university now, the next semester starts in a few weeks."  i nod as he continues to talk about his life since high school. from the sound of it, he's been well. i'm glad.

*time skip again sorry...*

a few weeks had passed, and he decided to change bedrooms to the other room. which was entirely understandable. but he told me "it's your room, so lets keep it that way." which was nice. whenever he went shopping he would bring back something he thought i would like, to decorate my room.

now we were sitting on the bed next to each other as he studied, while i did my best to help him. "hey jungkook. why are you bothering talking to me, keeping me company and even decorating my room? whats the point?- i mean i appreciate it, i just don't understand why you want a ghost as company." he looks up from his laptop and smiles at me. a smile i missed so dearly.

"because i care about you. and i don't want you to be alone again."

thoughts flooded my mind, all telling me to yell at him to leave, to give up, even to move on. but i couldn't find myself to do that. he was so genuine.

"why would he care anyways?" 

"he doesn't actually care."

"you're already gone."

"y/n? are you okay?" jungkook's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"jungkook. on that last day, why were you suddenly trying to be my friend?" i finally asked the question i had wanted an answer to for years.

he then said the unexpected.

"because i liked you."

A/N this chapter is very different compared to the original one i wrote, but this one makes more sense i feel. hope you are enjoying reading :]