Chapter Nineteen

Being back to work was a glorious, glorious feeling.

...if one ignored the fact the he actually had to work again, that was.

Woo Bin eyed the stack of folders on his desk with some distaste. He'd learned early on that files on his desk meant he had to review them - or at least, read them - as a prerequisite to their arrival in his father's office. That was just how their tiny bureaucracy worked, unfortunately. And since some of them were dated from last week until yesterday, and were still within his territory--

Noticing his grimace, his assistant hurriedly said, while nervously pushing up his glasses, "I apologize, Master Song. I tried working out with the Chairman's office if they can accept these files without your recommendation, but--"

He clapped him on the shoulder and said, "The fact that you tried meant you did your job. Besides, we both know how strict my father's office can be. I'll be more surprised if they agreed." Woo Bin then went behind his desk to pick up one of the folders. He eyed the phone by the side and asked, "Any important calls while I was gone?"

"None," his assistant said. Then he paused, cleared his throat, and added, "But I have been intercepting some rather strange phone calls from a certain Park Yo Na and I was wondering--"

"Block them," Woo Bin quickly said. He didn't even want to hear about Park Jung's daughter's antics - the less he knew, the better. Briefly, he wondered how he could make her forget he ever existed. An impossible feat, of course, but still. "And remember - I don't know any woman with that name. If someone going by that name comes by, tell her I'm on indefinite leave. Or that I died. Inform all the staff."

His assistant wrote that down while nodding to himself.

The fact that he was not, in any way or form, asking questions about why he had so many orders concerning Park's daughter pleased Woo Bin immensely. He really should give the man a raise. "Anything else?"

"Oh! Miss Ga Eul," his assistant said, looking up from his notes. "Miss Chu, I mean. She--"

"--dropped by recently?" Woo Bin picked up a second file, pretended to browse through that, too, just so he wouldn't appear too invested in what his assistant was saying.

"I let her inside when she was looking for you. I thought--"

Woo Bin smiled. "You did the right thing. Tell security to let her in anytime she wants to. I also wish to be informed immediately should she come visit. Understood?"

"Of course." His assistant wrote that down as well.

He laid the second folder down, picked up a third file. "What else? No other phone calls?"

"None. But I e-mailed you your schedule for this week this morning. You have some left-over meetings from the week before and--"

Woo Bin absently listened. He glanced at the phone, fighting down the odd sense of... disappointment? dismay? at having heard that no one else had called him while he was gone. What, was he actually expecting someone worthwhile would?

Not that any of his other friends - particularly that boy over at Sweden - ever called him through the office trunk line, but still.

"It won't matter how many bodyguards you have; I will kill you with my bare hands."

Woo Bin gritted his teeth. Their last conversation had been less than stellar, so for him to think that Yi Jung would oh so suddenly make the first move to talk with him--

--not that he wanted him to or anything.

Still, though--

He grimaced and dismissed his assistant with, "I'll check my e-mail and confirm my schedule, thank you. You may go."